Chapter 62

I stared at the Duke from a distance. He was talking at someone, probably one of the royal family members as well 'cause he's also wearing a uniform almost identical to Loki. The Duke was in a three piece black tux though and he looked like he was going to attend a funeral rather that a birthday party.

I could feel his radiating aura from here but I tried not to get affected. He has a domineering aura as well that would want anyone to kneel down for him.

But not me... I'm a Queen.

He might've noticed that someone is staring at him 'cause his body stiffened and looked around. His eyes immediately find mine. I raised an eyebrow before I smirked at him.

"Eresh." I heard a warning tone from Loki. I chuckled before looking at him.

"What?" I asked innocently before I looked back at his father who was looking back and forth from Loki and me. "I must say hi to your father."

I chuckled when Loki pulled my arm back when I took a step towards his father. But it seems like I don't need to do that. Nakita kong papalapit na ang Duke of York sa amin.

I saw how Loki tensed but he tried not to show much on him. Maybe because I am always with him 'cause I see right through him. He's nervous. Or worried. Because his father is walking towards us.

So I ran my hand on his arms down to his hands and intertwined our fingers. He looked at me and I gave his hand a slight squeeze. That made him looked better.

"Alexander."

We both looked at the owner of that baritone voice and we saw his father already standing a few feet away from us. His domineering aura got intense but I still held my chin up and slightly lifted the side of my lips.

"Father." Loki said and made a small bow.

His father eyed him from head to toe. His gaze felt so cold. He seems like he was looking at a stranger instead of his son. There's no emotion in his eyes. Only ruthlessness.

His cold eyes turned towards me. One might actually feel cold with just a look at him but not me. I even gave him my sweetest smile and did a curtsy in front of him.

"Your Royal Highness." I greeted him. Hands on the sides of the skirt of my dress, slowly lifting it up and one foot at the back of the other as I did a curtsy.

"You're the girl from the scandal with Alexander."

I froze. I didn't know what scandal he was talking about. Fuck... Did someone saw us when Loki pulled that stunt on me at the restaurant?

"That kissing scandal at the mall." the Duke added.

Oh... Now I remember.

"She's Ereshkigal Levitsky, father." Loki introduced me.

My smile didn't leave my face. I continued giving him my sweetest smile as Loki tried to hide me behind his back but I didn't comply. Hell, I don't need protection against this old man.

"Aren't you going to ask me for a dance, Your Royal Highness?

Halos lumagutok ang leeg ni Loki sa bilis ng pagbaling nya sa akin. But I didn't gave him any attention as I continue on looking at the Duke who's face looked grim with my invitation.

"It will be my pleasure." the Duke answered instead and offered me his hand.

I let go of Loki and put my hand to the Duke's waiting hand. I could tell that Loki wanted to protest but choose not to. He knows that I could handle his father just fine.

Of course... I'm a Queen.

The Duke made me hold his arm as we walked towards the dancefloor. Tumigil kami sa pinakagitna. I did a curtsy again in front of him before he put a hand on my waist and held my hand while my other hand is on his shoulders. And we began to do a waltz.