Epilogue

Being a royalty is like being a celebrity or a public figure. People were always looking up on us, expecting us to make good deeds and always help the ones in need. We are their role model. And that alone taught me that I shouldn't do any rash moves.

I was always, always a reserved man.

His Royal Highness, The Prince of York.

Despite having that title, I was the sixth and the last in the line of succession. Regardless, I never got interested in the throne. I don't want my life to be more chaotic than it was. I want to have a normal life.

Still, the media and paparazzi didn't show me any mercy. They were always wherever I am. Always making a big deal out of simple things. It's tiring but I couldn't do anything about it. As I am a royalty. A royal blood.

Their Prince Alexander.

Father knew about this life and because of that, he did everything to train me to act like a royalty. The etiquette training. He was so strict. I never got the chance to play and live like a simple kid as he was teaching me what I should and shouldn't do. He wanted me to be pleasing in the eyes of the public, and not to taint the name of a Von Amstel.

I remember that he will let me study for the whole day, making me memorize the whole content of the book even their page numbers.

There was a time that he hired a tutor and taught me how to walk, talk and act like a royalty. There were five books placed on my head while I was eating or walking like a fucking royalty. Always reserved.

Father also trained me under him. Really intense training. He even taught me how to use different guns. He said that it was just for self-defense.

And Mom was just supporting my Dad.

"Rules about shorts?"

I looked down at the shorts that I'm wearing. Mother slammed her stick on the table to get my attention. I straightened my back when I noticed her glares at me. I pursed my lips and answered her question.

"Boys are expected and must wear shorts in the public until the age of eight. As trousers are for second class only." I answered.

"Page?" my mother asked impatiently.

"Hundred and sixty five."

She smiled at me and I knew that she was pleased with my answers. I played with my lips and looked down at the book im front of me.

I sighed.

My life was boring. It feels like I was just their puppet, or a doll that I need to abide to all the rules as I am a royalty.

I became matured than my age. I knew a lot of things and acted so reserved and formal even at a young age. The feeling wasn't good. Like I was in a cage and couldn't escape my fate.

But when I meet my butler, I realized that he was more matured than me.

I got excited when I saw him sitting alone and reading a book with a language I couldn't even understand. Royalties are also required to learn second language but I couldn't recognize the language of the book he's reading.

"Pwede... ba kita... magi kaibigan, Death?"

He's gonna be my butler. Is it okay if I become friends with him?

I'm certain my father wouldn't allow something like this. I know how he treats his butler. Father never showed emotions. It might even seems like he never cares about anyone... Except for my mother.

With Death, I got to experience living like a normal kid. He let me bathe on the river, let me ran as fast as I could, let me scream and shout that my throat will hurt, let me bathe on the mud.