Chapter 89 - Gabriel POV

Chapter 89 – Gabriel POV

Tragedy? Yes.

Mishap? No.

No... those words couldn't accurately state the cause of the misery that was currently permeating the air around us right now.

Two mates.

Gone.

Lost? No.

Taken.

Nona.

McKenna.

Me? I still haven't seen Chelsea's eyes.

Nona... a wolf for years could heal from gunshots, but not two bullets to the head.

She couldn't recover from that.

Chelsea however could, was still recovering.

'THE SINS OF THE FATHER ARE THE SINS OF THE SON'

The note we found left upstairs of the dance studio Chelsea was at with everyone else... After putting Nonno and I in the car, David rushed us to where Chelsea was, after over the link they were called for help.

Taking care of the scene quickly, handling everything while I currently couldn't. Violet only had a bullet to her right shoulder, Dana her stomach, two through and through on her left leg; Chelsea had brought Angel down with her getting more shots than anyone else.

'It was a blood bath Gabriel, a fucking blood bath, we had to torch that shit up, too much of Chelsea's blood around,' James my Beta said, when I finally woke up after a few hours, the grief and anguish both Max and I felt kept us under longer.

We knew what it felt like to lose Chelsea; we had felt it physically... emotionally... I was sacred for life. No two ways about it.

Jack and Lukas reacted quickly, killing one of the shooters immediately, the other two they suspect got away.

David and Rico were tracking their scents as I waited patiently with Jamie – who was shot but mostly grazed and healed – and Casey. Max had been extraordinarily quiet, not that I expected him to be loud and crazy right now. No, not right now, for the last six hours while we waited for something, the machines keeping her alive.

'THE SINS OF THE FATHER ARE THE SINS OF THE SON'

I thought of the note... coming up with a list in my head of who the fuck would be stupid enough to do this... Maddens? They had come here under some radar, with the excuse that they were picking up Leo's body. It had only been fifteen minutes from when had Rian's brothers executed, no way was it them. They didn't have enough time to retaliate, unless they'd been following Chelsea... checking the schedule that she kept.

Then when facial recognition gave us a name, Dylan Ortiz, human, and from what we cane tell, he didn't have a single tie to any crew. Thirty-two years old, two prior felonies, no longer on parole however.

I sat back in the uncomfortable chair, waiting, "I still don't get it..." I whispered holding Chelsea's hand in mine. Cold. She was broken. Stitched up. But a corpse? No, the machines were doing everything for her and she still hadn't begun to heal... Still.

My thoughts disconnected. I couldn't breathe, I wanted quiet, I had to hear it, I had to hear her heart start to beat on it's own. Had to hear flesh heal, anything, because now all we heard were loud beeps.

I had never concentrated enough before... did healing flesh have a sound? I didn't know...

But so far nothing, I knew she could come back. She had said that? Right? She said she couldn't die but here we were six hours in and she hadn't... her heart was... I couldn't even think it.