Chapter 74 - Chelsea POV

Chapter 74 – Chelsea POV

The air was thick, suffocating as we watched the video, the anchor speaking but the recording playing, it was all too strange, watching a shift on television, knowing that everyone, shifters and non knew of our kind. This... this couldn't be... this wasn't the change that Mother and my dad Jason, spoke of. Broadcasting to the world that were-shifters existed couldn't have been the plan, the big event that they were trying to keep back. This wasn't a change, this was mass hysteria.

I turned to Gabriel, how long was I out? I asked him because when Scarlet and Madeline took me, this wasn't... who would... my mind was floating, although not peacefully, thoughts spun, first Angel's delivery, we were moving and now this.

Couple of days... he answered, but Gabe's eyes never left the television, not that mine did either, because after the third shift of a werewolf, the next two shifters that followed weren't wolves.

"Call Remy," he ordered not sure to whom, he walked to the side of the couch, picking up another cell phone, the phone chirped, "Calling Remy," He put the phone to his ear, "what do you know?" he said the moment I heard a faint 'holy shit Boss...'

'Not much, the video is real though...' The video in question ended, the screen split in two and one was the anchor and the other, a woman. Dr. Kerr, professor at Duke, researcher dealing with Parapsychology

"Who are the people they've shown?" he spit out quickly, 'Can't find them boss, facial recognition is coming up empty, all databases searched, but still came back with nothing.'

"Dr. Kerr thank you for speaking with us," anchor man said, "My pleasure," she answered and on the bottom of the screen was a continuous broadcast, informing watchers that all flights, domestic and international flights have been grounded.

"Can you tell us what viewers are seeing here?" I held my breath for Dr. Kerr's remark on bated breath. I was torn on what was happening right now, was it all out in the open? Was it something the Elders would quickly try to shove back into the closet so that humans could remain oblivious to what was really going on around them? How would this be taken in retrospect? What I really focused on though was the reaction of humans... how it would affect were-shifters.

"What about location Remy?" Gabriel asked just as Dr. Kerr begun speaking, "Well, Gus, professionally I'd just like to say thank you for having me here. Now the video, while we can all see that this is of course various recordings of Therianthropy – man metamorphosing into animal form – we have yet to hear from any confirmation. Though since this video's release three hours ago, I have to admit that many experts have tried to confirm the validity, finding fallacies in the video..." I stopped listening focusing on the phone call because the news was repeating the same video as Dr. Kerr spoke.

'Gabriel I think... this was shot in New York...' All I heard was New York and instantly my mind fell to Helen, wondering if she or her pack had anything to do with this. Helen? I called instantly over the mind link to my old cook who resided in New York but was shocked that I wasn't able to reach her, I spun to face Jack. I can't reach Helen... nodding he pulled his phone stepping outside, while I went to Gabriel as Dr. Kerr, stopped speaking about the video and her own personal work and books she's written.

"What do you think we should do?" I turned to Nonno asking, neither afraid nor calm, but numb. I waited for his response, reminding myself to thank him for sticking by Gabriel when I was taken. In fact he did more than stand by Gabriel he left his pack.

"We child, should do nothing... we do not know facts, let the Elders handle this... it could all be a trap to draw out others, topolino," he responded, but looking me dead in my eyes trying to pass some message.