Chapter 48.5

A/N: the last bit of george for a while && NOT EDITED.

Chapter 48.5 – George POV

 ~+~+~+~+~+~ SIX YEARS AGO ~+~+~+~+~+~

I sat back, looking at the numbers; someone had been stealing from me; little by little, since Gabriel had gone away for training. I closed the folder, looking at the next one to the side. I still hadn’t figured out what to do about Rian, what came back.

I wasn’t stupid, I might have been blind in the beginning but the pieces weren’t fitting now, so I had someone look in on that for me only to find out that my grandfather Sabastian was right all along, Rian had played Jay – played us.

I picked up the phone placing it on speaker dialed, and stood, pacing waiting for the right person to answer.

“Hello,” She said.

“Rian it’s – ” I was cut short when I was mind linked.

Boss there’s some human chick from the club here Angelo my bouncer linked me, showing me a brown haired, green eye beauty that I failed to remember.

Tell her I’m not available, I replied off handedly.

“Rian hold on,” I said linking Angelo back.

She has a baby with her Boss says it’s yours – said she worked here - I didn’t let him finish – bring her back here I ordered. Fuck! I cursed when I remembered that it was April, she was a dancer here that I had occasionally used as stress release.

I waited, wanting to see what she came here for, probably some fucking money wanting to blackmail me with her bastard child.

Someone knocked the door, “come in.” I said, and April came in, haggard and exhausted looking, warily coming closer, and pushing a broken stroller.

Inhaling, my eyes closed in dread, fuck! That kid smelled like a shifter.

“Well?” I said coldly, April flinched back, stopping. Her heart racing, scent of fear blowing my way.

“I – I need help… I’m not – I don’t want to – break up or – I just, can you give me some money, she’s yours” she stopped abruptly her face turning a greenish pale color she slapped her hand over her mouth, leaving the stroller with the unoccupied child, running out of the room. Leaning against my desk, the child began to cry, but I made no move to go to it. I snorted; humans were so weak… couldn’t even ask for money to support her child without being weak. Two or so minutes passed by, when instead of April, Mina walked through the door, glancing at the stroller and myself. So used to the lying, I looked at her blankly, “Mina – what’s going on? Why are you here?” I asked softly, showing concern, not total guilt.

She flicked her eyes over to the stroller as she came closer, worry for the child evident on her face, when she peered down her eyes widened, “Whose child is this George?” She asked picking the half breed up, one glance was all it took, for Mina as well.

“She looks just like Gabriel…” her eyes went to mine, I couldn’t break her this way. The words just tumbled out of my mouth, “because she is his. Some human said they had a one night thing, she’s been looking for him, but had no luck, came down here, said she didn’t want the thing,” the lie flawless.

Mina gazed at me for a moment, before looking at the child, April ran to the bathroom, get her, kill her. Dump the body, immediately!  I instructed Angelo.

She shook her head, “Poor Maggie,” she said softly, placing a pacifier in its mouth.

Continuing with the façade, “I know… that’s why I thought we could raise her as our own.”