Chapter 5

A/N: same ol' warning... you know not edited. 

Chapter 5 (Chelsea POV)

Around 5am my own internal clock woke me up, Gabriel was still peacefully sleeping, breathing deeply, his face relaxed and beautiful. I carefully removed myself from his hold, changed into some work out clothes and my black trainers. Before going to search for whoever was on shift, I checked in on Ava. Instead of finding the brown haired girl, in light yellow nightgown, I found the small brownish red wolf.

"Huh..." I said to no one. She shifted sometime during the night, but I couldn't see why?

She was probably dreaming, got scared and shifted in that dream but also shifted her sleeping body? Or maybe she got scared, woke up and then shifted...  Aria offered.

Not wanting to wake Ava I retreated slowly from her room went downstairs and found Alex in the kitchen playing Sudoku. When he noticed I was standing at the bottom of the stairs he shit the book.

"I want to go for a run."

"In wolf form? Or Human?"

"Wolf," I said. He answered with one sharp nod.

Are you working this shift alone? I asked over the link.

Yes, the rest of them slept so they could accompany you and Gabriel to Fresno, Alex replied.

I want to run both wolves, I said before calling out to Nathan and Ray to accompany Alex and I.

Once outside, I shifted and ran to Nathan and Rays' house waiting for them. Surprisingly Andrea and Molly had decided to join us. After a long two hour run, I returned home to a still sleeping Gabriel and Ava. One quick shower, I went downstairs to cook breakfast for everyone before we left.

.

.

When Gabriel finally came down he had Ava already dressed in boots and a cream dress but her hair was a disaster.

Gabriel caught me looking and said, "She didn't want it combed," by way of explanation with a slight shoulder shrug. I just laughed, passing him a plate for Ava and carrying over two for us. Eventually everyone came down. By 8ish, Jack, Casey, Noah, Violet, Lucas, Andrea, Gabriel, Ava and I left. Along the way I sat in the back with Ava watching 'The Little Mermaid' while Jack peppered Gabriel with questions about his aunt and her Alpha mate. When we entered their territory, we drove past a small town until arriving at a gate when two men approached the vehicle. Gabriel introduced us, and soon Casey, Jack, Gabe, Ava and I were allowed to enter the gate leaving the rest to stroll around town, as planned.

Once we entered, we drove up a two way street passing stores on either side, which then thinned out, into two story homes, until arriving at a second gate.

To the left and right were two large brick houses, with a beautiful garden in front of either house. The road continued for 500 feet or so until we went around a circular fountain, placed in front of a concrete and glass home. The first floor had reflective glass preventing me from seeing inside the house. When the car came to a stop the double front door opened immediately before we even had a chance to all step out of the car. Waiting was a blonde haired man, blue eyes, a few freckles and a short-boxed beard. He had a bulky and muscular physique, a slight tan, and looked to be around Gabriels' height. Holding onto his elbow was a woman wearing sunglasses, khaki shorts and a blue cotton shirt. "Gabriel thanks for coming!" the man shouted as we all emerged from the car.

"How was the ride up here?" he continued as I pulled Ava out and walked o Gabriels side of the car.

"Nice and boring!" Gabe joked waited a beat again before saying, "Marx, Aunt Cami this is Chelsea, my mate and my daughter Ava. Chelsea, Ava, this is Alpha Marx, and my Aunt Camilla."