Chapter 64 - Gabriel POV

Chapter 64 – Gabriel POV

Waiting until Russell walked away, everyone following him, "McKenna is your mate?" I asked the words, although I'd have to admit that I was quite sure she was.

His jaw clenched, "No," I stopped what I was planning to say confused, "You ready?" he jumped topics, trying to avoid this conversation.

"Jack... if she's your mate... you can stay here-"

"Jack?" a shy voice murmured a few feet away from us. Looking over his shoulder, I see McKenna, standing nervously, swaying from one foot to the other, just as Jack had done at Marx and Camillas'.

Slowly, Jack turned around, stepping away I gave them some privacy, not that stepping 10 feet away would prevent me from listening in. Jack took such great care of Chelsea, it'd be a shame that he ignored his mate because she was missing, when we found her again I know it'd disappoint her.

Thinking of getting my mate back distracted me, I wanted to teleport right back to Marx property but knew I shouldn't, I'd need my energy to get Chelsea. Instead my feet led me to the track my men had taken, and I came across Russell and the woman I knew was Amara. The minute she saw him, her entire being lit up and she watched him entranced as he came up wrapping his arm around the child next to her. Sana.

I placed myself in his shoes, then Amara and finally this little girl... I was, am an Alpha, given information, I'd always strive not to be like my father. He would do what I had first decided to do, keep vital information quiet, wait until Russell and his family came to see Angel and trap him to be with her because of their children. Then I thought of Ava, deciding that I wouldn't blindside Russell.

.

.

.

Swiftly, I walked up to the little family, "Can we talk?" my voice making the little girl in his arms flinch, and Amara glared at me suspiciously.

"Sure, sure, Amara can you take Sana inside, I won't be long," Russell said handing the little girl over. I turned walking away from them and heard him eventually follow me.

"Back there I told you, you had to decide whether or not it was worth the work. That was wrong to say, in fact leaving here and not tell you much of anything would be wrong," it would hurt Angel more I finished in my head.

"Ok" he replied puzzled.

I leaned against a large boulder, watching my men carrying item after item from the Davis' home.

"In my world, Catalenas', Declans and Angel... we are not above your laws. We must follow some of them, but not others. If however one of my men were to sexually abuse my daughter I would not call in your law. I would take matters into my own hands. Do you understand?"

"Yes... we couldn't report Angel missing," he answered showing he somewhat understood.

"Correct. Right now the only thing keeping my Chelsea alive is your Angel."

Titling his head, "I don't understand... Angel can't walk or talk... how?" the human tried to wrap his brain around my statement.

"Angel she understands language, right now the people that took her don't want to kill them, yet. And the reason is because, the person needs Chelsea and Angel to die at the same time," I said trying to give but not too much.

"What could Angel possibly have that these people would want?" Russell asked incredulously, his arms crossed against his chest, blue eyes focused on mine. I knew I would just have to spit it out, but...

"Your unborn child," I paused when his eyes widened and he stumbled backwards until hitting a tree trunk, his eyes not leaving mine, but his face turning an odd shade of red, the muscles in his biceps quivering, clenching as he processed my words.