Chapter 82 - Chelsea POV

Chapter 82 – Chelsea POV

"Buying children?" I whispered unsure of where Gabriel was going with this, "Who exactly are buying children?" Both Nonno and Victor asked in disbelief, Remy didn't seem surprised.

Gabriel huffed, throwing himself back into the chair, rubbing his face furiously, "Alpha Logan had me – I went to help him interrogate someone that sold his sisters two children. One of the children, the oldest a little girl named Kayla, she heard him saying to a woman Lynda, you need to come get them," he sighed, while I just looked on in shock, someone bought a child? "Anyways, this guy, Tomas," he spat the name like poison, "says he sold them to Estelle Lynda Smith, shows me a picture of the woman and she is the same woman in that picture with those two little girls," he said pointing to Victor.

Remy laughed, chuckled, "Don't look so shocked Victor."

"I – I get it... she – Micha and her hurt you, but that's – that's a fucking leap," he said shaking his head, "to fall in love with someone and then buy children? Rip them away from their birth mother?"

Remy lifted a brow, "I told her you know, that's how I knew she couldn't have children, I told her how important having children were to Micha, it was all he talked about, being a dad," she smiled but it didn't reach her eyes, "Essie, told me, she couldn't have children... bounded over that fact I actually cried for the bitch."

"G, Micha didn't even know about this..." Victor finally said, eyeing Remy, this is going to hurt her so much more he thought sadly.

"How do you know?" Nonno asked angrily, which shouldn't have surprised me, despite the evil things I'm sure he's done, buying and selling children, or abusing them weren't activities he would partake in.

Victor eyed Remy once again, "He had his guys watching Cynthia," he went with Remy's name back then, "when Essie told him she was pregnant, then went missing, the men he had watching that pack, he pulled them off to find Essie. For months, nearly four months and two weeks," Remy just sat down, her face green; she seemed to be trying to calm herself down. Remembering what Ava did earlier; I stood walking to a chair near hers, took her hand and held it in mine.

"When they finally found her in Michigan, near Benton Harbor she had two little girls with her, she was a mess, starved, beaten and bloodied up," Victor continued, his eyes still on Remington, "He marked her that night I believe," he finished Nonno nodded.

"He marked her?" Gabriel stood pacing now. "Ohhh," Victor groaned, "Fiona and Quinn," he whispered the names sadly, gazing in the direction Jack, Casey, Ava, Nona and Emmalynn went.

"He nearly had you killed, and her and now-" Remy snapped her head to face Victor. "Now nothing, he won't be a part of Emma's life," Remy growled, but I couldn't blame her. Not only was her pack slaughtered but, that happened because he removed the people watching them, to look for a woman and children he thought were his when in reality that wasn't true.

You think you're scary Gavino... Gabriel thought no longer in this room with us, but in some grey concrete room, remembering the words. "Who attacked your pack?" he stopped pacing focused on Remington, just as Victor spoke, "and Micha's about to lose two he's raised as his own for nearly two years."

Remy was quiet, "They can't keep those two children," she said after a while.

Are they – are they ignoring me?! "I. said. Who attacked your pack?" Gabriel growled, his lips curling angrily.

Remington's eyes widened, "I – I don't – I never found out – I couldn't go back I was already p – pregnant," her voice small, pained.

"Were you close with Essie?" He asked suspiciously.