Chapter 3

A/N: Not Edited, hopefully not toooooo many mistakes.

Got a favorite qoute?? Let me know!! Enjoy :) 

Chapter 3 (Chelseas POV) 

I was getting antsy. The minute Ava fell asleep during our learning session, disguised as 'playing' a game, which we continuously let her win I decided to use my time wisely. With all the new changes, there were not enough hours in the daytime, or so it felt. Or maybe there wasn't enough time. Period. It was strange in a way though because with so much going on I did not focus all my attention on Leo as I had before. Had it not been for that text message I received, his name wouldn't have crossed my mind at all for that day.

Maybe it wasn't my schedule. It could be that I knew Noah, Alex, Lucas, Violet, Jack and Casey were looking out for and that took some of the pressure off of me.

It had been four days since I shifted and just ran both Aria and Avena so I thought now would be the best time. Gabriel was currently occupied, Ava was in bed, I had to practice dance and finish my paintings but neither would be my best work if I were a stick bent and ready to snap.

Going on a run, I sent to Jack.

Where?  His reply instant.

Perimeter.

Coming.

The sun had already set, but it wasn't a cloudless evening. A nice breeze wrapped around me, I release an involuntary shudder. I shifted into Avena first, as I stepped off the back porch, waiting for Jack.

When he shifted I shot out, top speeding into the surrounding woods, wind blowing past me, the trees blurring, mixing, appearing as smeared paint across a blank canvas. As I ran I could feel some of the tension of the last few days melt right away.

Thirty minutes later, I shifted into Aria, running along the trees, then turned abruptly, and heading off towards the beach. For some reason Avena has always enjoyed running in wooded type areas while Aria preferred waterfronts, whether it was a river, lake or beach. Wolves with their own tastes, likes and dislikes. Luckily for me, the similarities in likes surpassed exponentially the dislikes.

After running for a while I stopped, shifting into my human form, Jack following suit. We both sat on the large boulder looking out at the ocean, not speaking.

"You should have kicked Jamie out of the pack," Jack said calmly, surprising me that he'd even bother to bring it up. But Jack was blunt, he told it like it was, no sugar coating bullshit. I didn't reply, because while I didn't expect him to bring it up, I also was not surprised he felt that way. Jack was protective of me. Simple as that.

"What are you going to do about Francesca?" he asks although he had surely heard what I said at dinner. I hadn't discussed the actual plan, just the end result. Normally I'd talk things over with Jack, but now, I just wanted Gabriel. I was already feeling the shift. The difference in where or whom I sought guidance from. It wouldn't always be Gabriel, but our bond was building, transforming and with that, it affected different aspects of my life. Still unless Gabriel knew everything, I would be turning to Jack.

"Kill her. Like I said..." I was having a hard time even bringing myself to say those words. I was too busy trying to compartmentalize my secrets. I hadn't told Gabriel about my dream –hallucination? – But at the same time, I did not tell Jack either. I was hiding so much already.

I needed to have one less secret. One less detail to cover up, dance around and watch it only grow into more.

"I didn't kick Jamie out because I do not believe that he could help it. Were you around when she explained what happened? I said looking away from Jack.