Chapter 24

A/N: NOT EDITED :) 

Chapter 24 (Gabriel POV)

With Chelsea still on my lap, biting her lip, I could tell she was warring with herself, not sure why, but even my touch, didn’t bring her tension down as much as I would like. Probably afraid to tell you anything because of how you reacted, blowing up at her… She doesn’t have a good history with that. Again, Max was right… but Chelsea had no small secrets, I mean, she’s a white wolf, Maggie died for that to be found out. She can read anyone’s thoughts, doesn’t matter if they have their walls up or if they’re in another pack, Francesca gave her a concussion.

But we know that Francesca has a gift… Max countered, like he would ever side against Chelsea.

I’m pulled back to Chelsea, she’s moving herself off of my lap, but I just hold tighter, “What’s wrong? Do you have to go?” I ask but glance at the clock, she still has twenty minutes.

She shakes her head trying to leave me again, “No.”

“I have to tell you something…” her voice defeated and full of apprehension.

Mate thinks you’ll push her away Max whines.

I think about this and try to approach it, logically. A way to fix what I’ve continuously broken, making sure I do this right, holding her tightly, I realize that anything I would have to tell her, I’d want her close to me to do so. It’s selfish, her touch alone calms me if I had something to tell her, I’d want her near me, because if it’s hard for me to say, or hard for her to hear, we would give each other strength. Surely that’s not wrong is it? I ask myself, I didn’t have experience in this. I didn’t give a shit about how my decisions impacted anyone, and any bad news I had to break to Maggie, I didn’t care.

With Chelsea, it’s like even if she delivered the hurt, I’d still want her close by because she calms me as well. I shake my head angrily as mom pops into my head, ‘you mate will calm you and make you so happy Gabriel, Wolfy too.’ Now I have these issues because she kept me from my mate, since I was 6 years old.

 “How about we make a new rule. When we have something hard to say to each other, even if it’s going to hurt, we don’t blow up, we try to remain calm, and discuss it. If we need time to cool off, or reset our selves, we say that, we don’t just walk away from each other?” I ask warily that I’m not making a mistake, or suggesting something wrong. And I’m instantly calmed and rewarded with a beautiful smile and nod from Chelsea, and I’m pleased as she stops fidgeting in my arms, and relaxes once again. It isn’t bad…  Max says but I push that aside.

“So, with that in mind, tell me…” I brace myself for whatever horrible thing she wants to tell me, because I already know it’s going to be big, but I fairly underestimated what she had to say.

“There is a lot that I can’t answer but, I’ll try. It’s not time to tell you all of it, okay?” She looks me straight in the eye. I nod, “Yes I get that.”

“You said, that I know w-where Katie is… and you’re r-right… I do,” Chelsea’s shoulders straighten and I smile. I hear the words, but I don’t understand.

“Is this a test?” I asked puzzled.

“No,” she whispers.

“You…” I run my eyes over her features, “Know,” I meet her eyes with mine, “where Katie is?” the words strung together make no sense, but my heart, already accepting what my head can not is beating quickly, air I didn’t know I was holding rushes out.