Chapter 34

A/N: NOT EDITED 

Chapter 34 (Chelsea POV)

I waited patiently as Giovanni considered his options, I watched as he looked past me, and concentrated on Jamie standing behind me. But James thoughts brought me back to him.

Well if anything does happen to me, I know Gabriel will look after Sophia for me… what did James mean by that? I chanced a look at Gabriel; he was staring hard at Giovanni who seemed oblivious.

Francesca isn’t going to have anyone; she’s already lost her mate… could I give up my mate for her? Thought Giovanni, as he unconscious came closer, to Jamie.

“No, I’m staying here” I heard Jamie say, answering Giovanni’s silent question, one glance over my shoulder and I saw Jamie walk away heading back to the house. No one said anything, David, Anton and James looked at Giovanni in pity. I just waited, as did Gabriel.

“I’ll be staying,” he said. I told her not to go after Gabriel; he left his pack for his mate, something he never did for anyone, would not have done for just anyone. I warned her. We all warned her. Not responsible. Even Mr. Sabastian, we told her. Not my fault. Not my fault Giovanni battled with himself. He cared for his sister, I’d give him that, but she didn’t care for him the same way.

Gabriel responded with one sharp nod.

“C-can I?” Giovanni asked using his chin to point in the direction Jamie went.

“Go ahead, but you won’t be living there or sleeping there, I don’t trust you.” I said catching myself off guard. I felt Gabriel squeeze my hand. I could do this… Giovanni nodded his head quickly also surprised I just said what I had, but didn’t say anything just walked awkwardly past Gabriel and I.

“Okay living arrangements,” Gabriel started, but stopped turning to me; he was giving me an opportunity to handle this as I saw fit. I liked that.

“Yes, Gabe’s right. Anton and David… Anton you will be moving in with Noah, Alex you and David will be living together, the houses have six bedrooms so you’ll each have enough space. Anyone you want to have sex with that you aren’t in a relationship with or their not your mate, find a hotel or something. Noah, actually do you mind if Giovanni moves in with you two? Until he earns my trust,” I asked Noah, he nodded.

I sighed, “Okay so James, Saul and Rico… if you guys don’t want to live on the estate that’s fine, but you’re kind of useless if you aren’t near us. Right Gabriel?” I turned to him.

He nodded, not giving anything away right now, “So yeah, you three if you don’t mind you can all room together in one of these houses here. As you can see their all identical so they too have six bedrooms, you won’t be stepping on each other. And James I know you have a daughter, we don’t have many kids here… just Ava and she’s…” I shrugged, “so yeah… how does that sound to you guys?” I asked them, but they were looking at me weirdly.

What happened? I mink linked Gabriel.

In my old pack, they could be living in a sewer and George didn’t care… what you’re offering them…

How well could they possibly work if you treated them like shit? I mean, why do your best work when it’s not appreciated? They have fewer things to worry about this way… I replied not understanding… was this why James thought Gabriel’s old pack was a sinking ship? I wondered. Why?

So they would know we were better than them… Gabriel answered and I couldn’t believe that answer. How on earth had they kept anyone loyal? By killing them Chelsea… then by reputation alone, Aria pointed out, still, I always thought you’re only as strong as your weakest member. Then again no wonder Alpha George had to bark despite owning dogs.