Chapter 50

A/N: Not edited.

Chapter 50 – Chelsea POV

While Gabriel had gone to retrieve whatever was left for me, I tried to picture what it was, and why it was so important that Nonno had been given the information centuries back.

There wasn’t much that I had imagined, especially when counting the fact that the note said she was too tired to bring it any further that she had. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I wrote it off to a piece of stone or rock of some kind, while Aria and Avena poked fun at me.

Still when Gabriel dropped the sack, I still wasn’t bothered with it as much as I was bothered that I hadn’t been able to reach him over our link. Now, Violet placing the attention back onto it, I released Gabriel, and went to the sack, alarmed by its weight myself, pulling it, ignoring the urge to run and get my vacuum to tidy up the mess.

At the sofa I untie the knot, and I pulled out a two ancient bound books, almost 5 inches thick. The edges aged, bound by a husky material.

When I tried to lift the cover of one book, it appeared as though the pages were fused together somehow, “Won’t open-” I stopped when I placed my four fingers on the cover and they seemed to be stuck there now as well. With effort I pushed my hand flat against the cover and felt tiny sparks, milder than the ones I get from touching Gabriel. When my entire hand was on the book, my engagement ring began to glow, that coupled with the sting I felt, I ripped my hand away.

The second that I pulled away the book began to glow, a soft lavender color, Violet began to hum a tune I had heard before, from the X-file shows.

“Violet. Not the time,” Lukas admonished her for the first time since I had met them, while Casey just laughed, Gabriel sat next to me.

“Yeah defend her from the big bad book,” Casey muttered, getting an elbow to the gut.

I tried to lift the cover once again, this time, succeeding. Between the thick cover and first page lay a piece of paper, much like the one Nonno had given me, except this one had choppy lettering. Yet, that wasn’t what struck me as odd; what really saddened me was that the letter was written in blood, mixed with dirt and had a faint scent of salt, with tear drop marks on the bottom.

“Fuck,” Jack swore something; he never did, not since I’d known him.

“I cannot write much but I am to deliver to you some knowledge, you will need to find the Elemental Rings and the three Violins. Goddess, these are meant for you, use a binding spell and secure them to your home,” I read the note aloud.

“See nothing to do with you, you aren’t God-” Violet stopped talking when I lifted my head, my eyes meeting hers. Gabriel’s head turning to watch Jack, then myself.

“What, what are you guys hiding?” Jack asked Gabriel and myself, earning a growl for his tone of disrespect.

“I am the Goddess.” I said bold and unafraid, startled when Violet threw her head back laughing.

I growled, angered that she laughed at me, Aria and Avena not liking it much either, until Lukas pulled her to his side, with a serious expression “You’re – the – you can’t – seriously?” Violet stammered when she stopped laughing.

“I’m not, I had a dream when Francesca knocked me out, but it wasn’t a dream. I got to see dad again… and the Mother was there…” I said off handedly, my voice sounding different but I couldn’t place my finger on how, instead ignoring their looks, I flipped the pages, searching for what the note called a binding spell.

Tá an leabhar seo faoi cheangal leis an teach,

Tá an leabhar faoi cheangal go dtí an teach,