Chapter 8

A/N: Hey all, it was supposed to be posted tuesday and it's shorter but I wanted to give those that are reading and voting a gift :) Love to hear what you guys think so far! 

Enjoy. 

Chapter 8 (Gabriel POV)

** Flashback **

'Love and shit like that don't happen to men like us Gabriel.'

Yes, Alpha. 

'Motherfuckers are waiting to see who you let in Gabriel, fuck'em and leave'em.'

Yes, Alpha.

'In front of the pack, you treat your Luna right, Gabriel.'

Yes, Alpha.

'When you finally settle down with your Luna you're gonna have to cut this dicking around shit Gabriel.'

Yes, Alpha.

** End Flashback ** 

Lying piece of shit, I shook my head, now wasn't the time.

.

.

For the most part I tuned everyone one out, just sat right near the tub with my hand as a rest for my chin. Chelsea was not moving. Still. I had patience, until I didn't. Nothing. Not even a damn finger after an hour. Worse? Her temp actually went up two degrees. All that damn ice I thought for sure the thermometer was broken. I was ready to call one of the guys in town to bring another one on up.

"Gabriel, this is normal, the time that took almost three hours... this is what happened," Jack 'calmed' me. I was torn, none of this made any sense... she's in ice water, yet her temp didn't go down? Was it because she was a white wolf? Was there another reason? All these questions, but I only wanted answers from Chelsea.

Aunt Camilla hadn't left her side either, moving cubes of ice over on her body. Marx stood in the doorway watching his mate, but she never took her eyes off of Chelsea.

I wasn't sure whom else Chelsea had ever healed but by the look on Jacks face I'd wager that my aunt had been the only one to care what happened to Chelsea after. She never once, turned away. Even when Marx spoke to her, she never turned to face him. I hadn't spoken, but that didn't mean I wasn't paying attention; Aunt Cami hadn't even asked to see Iris. She was here tending to my mate.

My father never would. My family hadn't. My world sort of flip at that moment, it was simple to see now. I understood. Finally.

It's not that Chelsea didn't want to help those around her with her gift; she knew not all would be appreciative. However, she had to have herself in mind as well. To an extent at least. She had to be safe, she didn't mind healing, or even being a white wolf. It was all about safety.

Around my family she wasn't safe, didn't feel safe or secure.

'If anything I need protection from your family...' I remembered she said.

Does she feel safe with me? Her instincts were better than mine... she wouldn't even come to our pack when her own father was there. She wouldn't come when Andrew and Ethan were shot up. Yet, she came here and helped Aunt Cami until she lost consciousness. She trusted them. And I was able to answer my own question. She does feel cared for and safe when she's with me. She knew I was here. Outside with Marx, but still she felt that she would be protected.

All the things she mentioned on our date, what she is afraid of changing into, that wouldn't happen. My mate was special. She thought she was 'intelligent, kind and flawed,' but I would help her see that she was more. She was beautiful and intelligent, kind and caring, special and flawed.