Chapter 36

A/N: NOT EDITED

Chapter 36 (Chelsea POV)

The closer we were to our destination, the less traffic we encountered. I still did not know exactly where we were headed as Gabriel didn't share that information, but he remained slightly nervous the entire drive. In the side mirror I could see four cars that were following us, one on either side and two further back. I didn't know why we had so many this time, but figured it was because Gabriel now had Anton, David, Rico, Saul and James.

When Gabriel finally came to a stop we were at a park, slowly I opened the door waiting on my side for Gabriel. Looking around there were only a few other cars but I couldn't see any people, he went to the backdoor and pulled out a small bag, "let's go," he said and we began walking on a path, but when I turned back no one followed us out. Gabriel didn't speak, so I turned taking in my surroundings, it was a nice cool day, there was a slight breeze making music, playing in the trees. But there was another sound, one I didn't recognize and couldn't place. It sounded like a whistle, the sound when you turn on the stove but it doesn't light, gas pushing. Only this sound was on a larger scale. My steps nearly faltered, but when I realized Gabriel was calm, obviously hearing what I was but did not seem deterred I relaxed and continued.  

We only walked for a few minutes before we started heading towards a hot air balloon, and I realize that the sound I heard were the burners hidden in a large wicker basket. I take a moment, pausing to gaze at the envelope colors, bright, vibrant purples, blues, reds and dark greens. After giving me my moment to take in the large object Gabriel pulls me towards two men, who I could only guess were setting up and preparing for a ride. When we were only a mere three or four feet away from them, they smiled at our approach.

"Ready?" Gabriel asked the men, while I inhaled, noting that they were Were's, like us.

"Yes," one replied while the other ran his eyes over my form, focusing eventually on my face. Instead of growling Gabriel just wrapped his arms around me, "Danny, Frank this is Chelsea, my mate. Chelsea, this is Danny and Frank, they will be tracking us, following us incase-"

"Wait, you're flying this?" I interrupted turning to face him. What the hell was he thinking? "Don't you need some type of licenses or certificate, I mean something?" Surely they didn't just let anyone fly these things; the men chuckled at my minor freak out.

"I have a pilot's certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration Chelsea," Gabe answered smiling at my panic, like it was funny or something. I glanced over my shoulder; surely Jack who I know had been following us, and knew what Gabriel had planned would object this. But no, they were all where we left them.

Turning back to Gabriel I looked between the men, "Did you actually learn? Or did you pay someone off?" I asked seriously, his face twisting into a beautiful scowl, as the two men bit their lips in an attempt not to laugh I suppose. Were they laughing because I was right? Gabriel did say he loved me; certainly he wouldn't risk my life. Right? Hmm... Leo said he was training me because he loved me as well, I shook my head, Leo didn't love me he abused me. I wasn't there anymore I told myself, bringing me back to Gabriel, the death trap, and the two men who weren't rejecting my claim.

"Ha! Ha," Gabe replied dryly, helping me into the basket and passing off his car keys to Danny and Frank.

When the two men began walking away together, my heart raced, "Wait! We're really going on our own?" I checked again, seriously this time.

"Yes, if anything happens there is an override function I've designed, allowing them to guide us from the ground. Since this is a date, they will be doing so, you have nothing to worry about Chelsea," he said placing the bag he took on the wicker basket floor and trapping me against the edge. "Do you trust me Chelsea?" he asked, his voice mesmerizing me, as his eyes blazed "Hmm?" he tried again, his hand trailing up my arm and right now I hated the sweater I wore that prevented skin to skin contact.