Chapter 46

A/N #1 >> Not edited. Two POV's here, Mina & then Chelsea.

Chapter 46 – Mina POV

Rian was still in the cellars, but George had yet to even mention what he would be doing with her, he just came to bed, brushing off my questions. I saw the sun rise as my tears never dried. Sacrificed, Katie was really truly gone, the thought bringing a fresh round of tears, the ache increasing.

                .

                .

I gazed out at the ocean from George and mine room, rubbing my stomach, mourning the loss of a child that wasn’t my own, but for the three years I had her, I raised her as my own. The events last night, rocking me to my core, I had long suspected that Rian was being dishonest, George continuously chiding me, ‘Rian is one of us now Mina.’

You did not sleep Mina, you need to rest, think of our child, George linked me, I couldn’t stand to look at the man, and I could barely tolerate looking at myself in the mirror.

Whipping around to meet his eyes, I have done nothing but think of our child! Do you not see the damage our decisions have equated too? Gabriel will never-

Gabriel will never know what we have kept from him- I put my hands up to stop him, where was the intelligent man I met years ago? This uncaring cold man in front of me was…I shook my head, not able to place judgment when my hands were dirty as well.

Chelsea has a way of bringing out the truth George, she did with Rian last night, and she will do it again…I reply knowing I speak only the truth and George knew I was right. We had kept it hidden for too long, if the truth came out, we would surely lose Gabriel completely, if not in addition to our other children as well.

By the time the truth comes out, if it ever comes out, it will not be our problem… George replied absentmindedly, think of our real child Mina, this stress is not good for the baby.

She was our Granddaughter George- a half breed that we claimed when we could have turned our back on her… We did Gabriel a favor by claiming that child.  How could he be so cruel? We should tell him- Why would we tell him about a child that he knew nothing about? What sense would that make Mina, be rational, George said leaving the room, as if that ended the subject.

I turned back to gaze at the ocean, Gabriel might not have known, but I believe in his heart he knew, the way he cared for Katie alone… the only person he had ever truly shown any affection towards. I had made too many mistakes, first his mate and his daughter. I could only hope that the first remained unknown to him and the latter, would only hurt more, I hoped he never found out.

.

.

Leaving my room after I heard all the children leaving, I head downstairs for a meal, only to meet Sabastian and Clara, Gabriel’s great grandfather, at the kitchen table. They had come surprisingly, Nicola and Dante as well, but only they went to see Marx and Camilla first.

Despite being a Luna, I was still unable to access their thoughts, they like older werewolves, were able to hide their thoughts from us, after being Luna and Alpha’s themselves. When they saw my approach, Clara, Sabastians’ mate turn to smile at me over her shoulder, “Morning,” she greeted me, as Sabastian just nodded a small smile but false, I could tell.

His behavior towards me as of late was quite discerning, if I had to put it into words. He had normally been closer to Gabriel and I; however from the moment he set foot in this house, he has been aloof and calculating. Though when mentioned to George, Dante even, they simply said that, it was a tense time for everyone with Gabriel leaving and all. I just nodded, knowing that there was no point in pushing the accusation, I’d only be written off.