Chapter 68 - Gabriel POV

Chapter 68 – Gabriel POV

There'd be times when my father would try to lecture me, but I'd listen and impassively question him later, this was nothing like that, "we took only what belonged to us. If Alpha Rosa cannot find his Luna then maybe she's dead... we had no interaction with Luna Rosa," Nonno said.

"What happened to Luna Rosa?" I asked not caring that he was on the phone to begin with, nor did Nonno, "She is missing apparently," he replied offhandedly.

"Maybe she went with the people that she was working with...." I postulated holding Chelsea closer. "I don't know what to tell you George... no we did not save Audrey... we only took Chelsea..." then Nonno hung up.

"Well... you've heard..."

"Yeah... they can't find Luna Rosa," I shrugged not caring, but something in the back of my head rang off... why was my dad so worried about Luna Rosa?

Not able to dwell Nonno continued, "yes... also they have many causalities... they called your father for help. Many homes have been destroyed; Alpha Rosa sent women and children to your father," I listened as I did many times before with my father, but felt no remorse. None.

"Nonno, they were all warned, not once did Alpha or Luna Rosa try to contact me... they had her but had no intentions of giving her back. If Luna Rosa has died or is missing that isn't on me. I had to get Chelsea back and I don't care who was hurt in the process, it could have all been avoided. If anyone here were injured I'd feel remorse, but they didn't. Now all other packs will know, will understand what will happen if this is tried again. I had to make it known, hopefully others will realize that I will go to this extent to protect any individual in my pack Nonno; the only thing I require is loyalty, nothing more," I explained to him, regardless of how weak the truth may sound.

"Is that why you adopted all of the children from the group homes? To make them loyal to you?" Nonno asked calmly, no judgment intended but still it seemed as though there was. To me.

"You adopted the children from wolf group homes?" A young man from Marx pack, maybe twenty-two at the oldest asked his eyes widened, "N-never mind," he retracted almost instantly, Marx looked between us, resting back once again.

"No it's fine. I did. It's what Chelsea wanted," I said smiling at my sleeping mate, well that's how I thought of it, the alternative that they drugged her only angered me.

"We all know how they are treated in those places, Chelsea and I have the funds to make something better, granted we don't have enough adults but I've worked that out," I answer a loud – the funds I've stolen from Alpha Rosa will be put to good use – but not mentioning the dream Chelsea had, or the feeling in my gut for why I wanted to do this now and not wait. The words I heard Alpha Rosa speak from Angels' point of view, 'are they ready to act at any time?' she had asked Angels' 'bad master.'

'Yes.'

'We will only have one chance at this all,' Rosa said.

'I know.'

'Remember there has to be 75 girls, make it 90 to be safe... it would be better to offer more...'

'I do... we won't fail,' I didn't understand what I had heard, any more than Angel understood, but when I pondered it, all I could think about was Mother and Jason telling Chelsea to do exactly what she planned, to stay on the path she is now... and besides staying in school and graduating I saw nothing else but Chelsea's plan to adopt, bring all the girls in one group home. Her home.

Jason and Mother were adamant in their instructions, so I went with my gut.

.

.