Chapter 42

A/N: NOT EDITED ((WARNING - - >> steamy scene in this chapter; not overly detailed but just warning you guys))

Chapter 42 (Chelsea POV)

 In the rearview mirror as we drove from Gabriel’s family, Mina was being held back by George, while shockingly Jay was looking at our car pull away.

 Anya was right he was thinking.

Leo was gone… permanently, out of my life. That thought should have made me delighted, overwhelmed with joy and relief but all I felt was a dull ache in my chest. The only way to describe my mental, emotional and physical state was to say that, right now my life was both coming together and dreadfully coming apart simultaneously. I wouldn’t change it, though, I preferred it this way. Life without twist and turns were boring, granted I could do with less twists, I still wanted the life I had. I hadn’t noticed Gabe’s tension, when we drove out of the gates, his body sagged against the seat, and the near crushing grip he had on the steering wheel flexed. He had been nervous, or worried, for the life of me I couldn’t fathom why.

 You’re stronger than the Elders? He inquired.

 I sighed, yes.

 How?

 Are you sure this conversation is one you want to be having while you drive?

 It was Gabe’s turn to sigh, against the headrest, my eyes on him; he glanced at me, returning his eyes to the road, home then.

 The first five or so minutes I spent with my hands wringing in my lap, fidgeting until Gabriel released the steering wheel, taking my left and clasping them together. The rest of the ride, wrought with tension, Gabriel didn’t even drive around to the back garage just stopped right out front. He threw the car into park, hopped out and was at my side before I could even swing my feet to get out, he was a man on a mission, and nothing could deter him at that instant. I wouldn’t even try, any longer and I felt like my chest was going to burst. The stress was cutting into my inner mind I just needed a clear mind.

Helping me out of the closing the door, I was resigned, this could only go one of two ways, and I was sure it didn’t end nicely. Before I could comprehend much else, Gabe trapped me between his body and the car, molding the planes of his taut muscular body against mine, lips included. Taken off guard it took second to respond, but when I did, put everything I had into that kiss, worried it would be the last. I returned his fervor passionately, eagerly, my hands against his back, pulling him into me more. His tongue, skilled, demanding, leading me as I burned inside, and forgetting all my troubles.

As we moaned into each other, my knees felt weak, legs were shaky, and I was physically unable to hold myself upright. Sensing so, Gabriel dipped down, lifted and pinned me against his truck with his hips, never once breaking our kiss.

Gasping I pulled away, panting, my chest pounding against his, rising and falling rapidly, but in time with his, and out of nowhere Gabriel began laughing.

I arched my eyebrow, “I’m just so happy,” he said and even in the darkness his smile warmed my heart.

I looked away, inhaling I felt whole, “I know what you mean.”

“Let’s head in-”

“Actually before we talk inside, I have some things to show you and doing them outside will be better. So let’s go for a walk?” I spoke, my heart still racing from the kiss.