Chapter 29

A/N: NOT EDITED. Dedicated to >> caligirl23, hope this makes your vacation a bit better :) 

Chapter 29 (Chelsea POV)

Nika was standing at Casey's side growling at Jack, Ray and Nathan. They were shouting, but not getting any closer to Casey, why weren't they helping him? They all put their hands out towards Casey and I was shocked, because they couldn't come closer, their flattened hands created steam, burning, quickly they pulled away. More screaming, shrieks of agony.

"Ahh! Fuckkk!" Jack tried again, screaming, bending over, and clutching his hands to his chest, while I whipped my head back and forth between him and Casey.

"Is that you? Jack spoke still groaning, his words coming as growl, "Chelsea! Are you doing this!?" Gabriel asked behind me, lifting his hand to touch the blur as well.

"No!No! It's not me... I – I think its Nika," I said but it came out as a question. I barked to Gabriel, "Have you seen that happen to her?" I snapped my face to Gabriel who I knew instantly had no clue what she was capable of. I myself was still unsure of just what the hell was going on, I felt frozen, blood. Blood. Lots of it, covering Nika, turning her brownish red fur, dark brown, as she whined, howling.

Blurry, the owner, waiters, Jack, Nathan, Ray, Andrea, Molly, Lukas, Violet, Noah, Alex... all of them blurry images.

"Calm her down Chelsea! I need to help Casey!" Jack shouted trying once again to infiltrate the layer that surrounded not just Casey and Ava, but Gabriel and I as well. My mind wasn't working, I felt confused, going on my knees I crawled to touch the same spot Jack once put his hand at, expecting to be burned as well.

But unlike Jack and the others, when my hand touched the spot the barrier, if you could call it that, wrapped around my hand and I reached towards him, clasping my hand around his wrists and he roared in pain once again. I relinquished my hold as Jack went to his knees, his brothers trying to hold up, I turned to Nika.

"What ever you are doing, stop right now!" I ordered Nika; she whimpered but didn't drop it, whining.

DROP IT NOW! "DROP IT NOW!" I shouted, both in her mind and out loud, hoping that would stun her enough to drop it like when Gabriel had yelled at me in class.

She whimpered this time also, but immediately it came down, as she sagged her head on Casey's' eyes, focused on Jack as he came closer to his brother.

When the barrier went down, I could hear at full capacity, I could hear the cries of the waiters, I could hear pieces of glass falling, the dripping sound near the bar, the smell of alcohol thick, the candles that once donned the table on the floor, some burning the sheet paper they were on.

I was getting my bearings back and moved to get closer to Casey and Nika, who was howling in pain, running my hands over her I realized she was covered in Casey blood but, was only feeling his pain, not her own. She was shaking, vibrating against my hands, I grabbed a shard of glass cutting my arm deeply, and lowering it to Casey's mouth, Andrea coming closer, to hold his head up so he wouldn't choke on it.

I couldn't tell where the bullet entered, or how many, his clothes were drenched, but Jack seemed to be able to find it, his brothers helping him. Nathan ran to the liquor area and grabbed one pouring it over Casey's chest, and Jacks hand, despite the burns, he didn't so much as flinch in pain when the alcohol touched his skin.

When Nathan was done, I had tuned everything out, but saw him start collecting guns and head toward the back of the restaurant. Zeke was comforting Greta, Jamie was with Molly and Gabriel was watching me, but near his brothers, James and Saul.