Chapter 71 - Gabriel POV

Chapter 71 – Gabriel POV

I'm always in awe of my mate, what she is capable of – how she treats others, now, how she has easily accepted Angel. Any other woman, and I'm sure when Angel looked at me to name her babies they'd assume that those babies were mine. Chelsea? She just brushed that off, comforting Angel, "So Angel what will you name them?" She asked smiling.

Angel pursed her lips, biting on one side before shocking Declan, and the rest of us, "Ooli – Oli – Oliy – via," she struggled to get out her voice gritty and rough, her mouth rolling, frustrated she closed her eyes, clearing her throat, "O – livia."

"Olivia," she said clearer smiling once again at the little girl who had stopped drinking and fell asleep. Angel looked at Chelsea who just faked a smile, hiding her obvious sadness, Chelsea was hurt but from Angels' thoughts alone she could see deep inside the girl in front her.

"Olivia is a fine name, very beautiful," Chelsea took great effort to say, the others just nodded and smiled.

Nona stepped up, "When the baby is finished drinking, you have to burp them Angel," she said helping Angel prop Olivia up.

"Not too hard," she continued showing Angel, helping her pat Olivia's back, "you do it until-" the little girl released a burp, "when they do that Angel, every time, or else the baby will feel hurt," Angel listened with wide eyes, "Do you understand sweets?" Nona smiled big when Angel nodded.

Nona exchanged Olivia for the other little girl, facing the baby at her other breast, "You let them drink from both sweets," again Angel nodded. Helping the unnamed little girl latch on, smiling down to eyes that unlike human babies were turning into a shade like their mother, but that I knew would happen, I could remember meeting Katie just as I returned and her eyes were already like mine, like my fathers.

Angel looked to Chelsea, Angel name too? She questioned again, making sure.

"Yes, you name her too," Chelsea said with a smile, genuinely this time. Angel nodded, focusing on the little girl again. Soft, she thought as she trailed a single finger over the baby's cheek, petting the baby fine hair, darker than Angel's, lighter than Russell's. Angel ran through names in her head, Maya... Jane... Emily... Julie... Sarah... Jude... Elizabeth... Charlotte... Mary... and I caught a pattern; names of authors, poets. Authors that Russell had read to her, each time not choosing that name. The memories continued until they also involved Catalena reading to her, but loving the sound of Russells voice more.

The love she felt from the female vampire, the gardening that they do together, Catalena speaking to her gently not like she was unable of understanding, love... can I pick Catalena even if that is Catalena's name? Angel asked Chelsea over the link, but didn't take her eyes off of the little baby.

You can, "Name Cata-" clearing her throat again, "Cata – lena," she whispered softly.

"Beautiful Lena," I heard from Declan, no one looked at him but me and his eyes were closed. Well that settles that... Lena Max said in a sickly sweet voice, mocking Declan, is the vampires mate.

Catalena was the easy going child of the three, drinking, being burped and set down, not making a single sound.

When Angel was finally passed her son, he drank ravenously from his mother, "Rusty," she whispered the name I heard she used for the person she loved the most. In her mind, she saw her son, but to her, he looked just like his father. And I would wager that as he grew his features would be more defined, matching his fathers.