Chapter 41

A/N: SO NOT EDITED.

Chapter 41 (Chelsea POV)

It was a solemn, silent ride to Gabe’s old home; I couldn’t work my mind around this situation, I didn’t understand how eleven people knew absolutely nothing, I was disappointed, beyond anything. I played over everything Leo said, while he was groaning in the back seat, still in pain, surprisingly I was able to tune that all out. My mother had given birth in that room, and from his point of view nothing had changed from the time Anya gave birth to when he would beat me senselessly. All the locks were identical, the walls the same bland gray concrete color.

I thought that when I finally confronted Leo that I would get all the answers but I now had more questions, the most important, how did my mother and I get out of that locked room? How come I had never shifted after than first time? I didn’t understand and Leo was useless because he had no answers. Probably sensing I needed time to process everything Gabriel just held my hand, squeezing to show his total support.

When those concerns turned into a vacuum of thoughts I switched to my engagement ring… Why did Rian want it? What could have been so important that even he knew about it when he knew nothing else at all?

The inscription on my ring, did you put that there? I asked Gabriel over the mate-link.

Yes, why?

Do you know why this ring is so important to Rian? Did my uncle say anything about it? I questioned maybe my uncle knew why…

No… Wolf, he asked me about you, knows you’re a white wolf, that I love you and I want to marry you. He then just said that he hadn’t given it to his mate because Rian killed her so he’s kept it in safe keepings… nothing else, sorry, he apologized.

I shook my head, before realizing he was driving and probably hadn’t seen it, No, don’t be… I just, I don’t understand anything. When Leo would visit… you were young I know but do you remember him saying how he was changed?

He said he was attacked by rogues and left for dead, thought he was dying and when he woke up he was naked…

I turned in my seat, “how did you get my mother?”

I concentrated on his scattered thoughts, the silver stringing him along in pain; I saw images of him following her from a park, to cheap looking motel. It gets worse, he drilled a hole in the closet, he’s pulling something, a metal cylinder and then he’s carrying my mother out to a car.

“Did he answer?” Gabe asked out loud.

“Yeah, he followed her from a park… she was staying at a motel… he used something to place her unconscious while she slept and then carried her to his car, then locked her up,” I answer and kept my eyes on Leo who I could tell didn’t have much time left but that was fine. I turned around facing front again, wondering still how we got out of the room, or why my mother wouldn’t have tried to leave. Once again I rewind what I read from Leo’s head, Anya’s pupils were dilated, and there was one difference in the room. When I was there, Leo didn’t have shackles for me, but in his memory he had one around her neck, one for her left leg and another for her left wrist.  

Silver weakens shifters… why didn’t she try to get away? Why after the birth? How did we get out of that room? Did she put me in that dumpster? Why hadn’t she gone back to Gabe’s old pack for help? My mind raced, over and over again until I rested my head against the window, swallowing the lump in my throat and letting the tears I was holding fall down my cheeks.

.

.

As we made it to their gate, Gabriel cleared his throat; releasing his hands I wiped my face, rubbing my hands on my pants, the guards let us in and we went up the drive and saw Luna, Rian, Scarlet, Ames, Samuel, Jay, four men I had never seen before and Gabriel’s father, awaiting our arrival.