2.53

"Colt, please..." Roman whined regretfully as Colt just waved him off. "Yer going to hurt yerself." Colt just ignore him as he tried to walk himself down the hall. He was getting really tired of being bedbound. He had things he had to do. How were they ever going to save Virgil if they were just lazing about? "Colt..."

"Leave me alo-..." Colt cried out as he stepped the wrong way sending pain through his gut. He fell back into Roman's arms who caught him just in time. "I... I need to..."

"Ye need to rest." Roman cut in as he carefully picked the other up. Roman couldn't help but feel his heartbreak. The man in his arms felt more like a lost child than the great federation prodigy. Colt curled up defensively as Roman took him back to his room. 

"I would've been fine." Colt grumbled as Roman placed him back into bed. Roman didn't say anything, he just checked to make sure the wound hadn't opened up again before stepping back with a smile. 

"I'm not saying ye wouldn't have." Colt huffed as Roman pulled a chair over and sat down ignoring the glare the younger was giving him.

"What? Are you just gonna watch me now? Make sure I don't leave or whatever?" 

"Nope." Colt frowned as he his eyes filled with confusion. Roman just smiled as leaned against his legs making Colt shift a bit. "Talk to me Colt. You've been here now for nearly a month."

"Exactly. A month... A month that Virgil's been there alone with my fucked up family." Roman softened as Colt growled in frustration. "Get me my computer." Roman nodded as he passed it over and watched as Colt typed away. Colt passed it back and Roman's heart just dropped. He had all these video camera things up but what caught his eyes was this one particular one. It had Virgil directly in the center. "I hacked into the servaliance a while back. Planted a seed in it to allow me remote access." Roman's hands clenched around the device as he watched his love just hang there. He could tell something was wrong. The light was on and Colt wasn't kidding about it being bright. Virgil was passed out no doubt completely drained and Roman could feel his anger bubbling up, his eyes turning scarlet. "We've wasted enough time... we..."

"Can't..." Roman chocked trying really hard to hold himself back from throwing the computer. Colt's eyes widened as Roman whined as bit in pain. "We... We can't... can't do anything."

"Roman?" Roman quickly passed back the computer as he tried to focus on his breathing. His anger was burning brightly as flames sparked at his hands. Colt froze up. He wasn't to prideful to admit seeing the god like that actually scared him. Roman growled as he gripped his hair wanting nothing more than to calm down. Colt could see how his hair started to catch becoming an actual flame instead of just looking like one. "Roman?"

"I'm sorry... can't... too... to angry." Colt tensed as he looked around trying to think of something to do to help. Part of him knew he was only doing it to save his own ass as he didn't know what Roman would do if he broke. "Tey... Tey have him... strung up. WHY?!" Heat blasted through the room as Roman just stared blankly at the ground. "He's done nothing." His fire roared brightly lashing out as his anger took a turn for the worst. "He's done nothing to deserve tat. He's kind... sweet... selfless. Me love is te best. He..." He yelled out making his magic flurry. Colt whimpered as it actually lashed out at him, burning his arm slightly and making him flinch back. "He doesn't deserve it. He doesn't. He... He..." 

Roman snapped up suddenly as he looked over to see Colt just staring at him. His fire died down as noticed the way Colt was nursing his arm. Tears fell from his eyes instantly, turning them a faded and dull red instead of that bright scarlet, and Colt knew something was wrong. He glanced down at his burn just as Roman jumped up and left. The god never appoligized. He never said anything. And something told Colt that was the worst thing that could have happened. He tried to get up but the pain in his side kept him bedbound, making him sigh as he reliized... there was nothing he could do. He was stuck until Roman decided to come back.

"Wakey, wakey." Virgil groaned as he shifted in the chains. His eyes blinked as he looked up to see this older man in front of him, his red hair and green eyes making him think of Roman as his heart clenched in his chest. "Ah, t'ere ye go, Lad. I was were worried fer a second t'ere." Virgil's eyes widdened as the man brushed his hair back and made a sound with his tongue as he observed the injuries on the exgods face. "My name is Finn."

"F-Finn-n?" Finn nodded as Virgil groaned in pain. "You... Your accent."

"My accent? What about i'? I already get enough grief 'ere. So don't you be..."

"No." Virgil cut in as he shook his head. "I just... I noticed it is all." Finn frowned as Virgil met his gaze with a soft look. "Sounds familiar."

"Familiar?" Virgil nodded as he tiredly tugged on the chains hoping to pull himself up a bit to actually look the guy over. He was thin and pale. And dispite his age, his dark green eyes held a softness you'd see from a child. "What ye mean... familiar?"

"Just... I know someone who has the same accent." Finn's eyes lit up a bit as Virgil smiled.

"Oh, well ten. Isn't it a small world?" Finn laughed as he forced himself to refocus on his job. "Anyway., I was charged as yer caretaker. Being tat tey can't let ye die on tem. I'm in charge of making sure ye don't. T'ought I'd make meself known."

"Virgil." Virgil mumbled as he nodded in ackowlegement. "My job... beside my godly ones... is just to stay alive." Virgil tugged on the chains again as Finn laughed.

"I like ye. Yer a good, lad... lots of spunk. I'll be seeing ye, I guess." Virgil watched as the man started to leave. He gripped the chains tightly as he quickly yelled out to stop him.

"WAIT!" The man froze up as he looked back to see the desperation in Virgil's eyes. "You're... accent." Finn frowned as Virgil took a deep breath to try and calm himself down. "My love... Roman? He's the one with the accent." Finns eyes shot wide as Virgil nodded. "God's don't remember where there from. Please? I just... I need to know. He... He needs to know."

"Well, I don't see how tell ye will help him any." Finn faltered a bit seeing the tears in the young exgods eyes. "I'm Irish." Virgil face seemed to light up as Finn frowned a bit. "And now I must say I'm a wee bit intrigued. Roman, ye say?"

"Roman Black... or... well that's the name he chose anyway." Finn seemed to crash completely as Virgil just smiled as stared off in bliss. Irish... Sure just having similar accents don't mean anything but... It's a start. It's a point to begin. They could finally know where Roman came from. All they had to do was start with... "Hey." Virgil paused as he look back up to see Finn standing there with a serious look in his eyes. "You never said you're last name. Just Finn."

"Finnian Black..." Virgil's eyes flashed brightly as Finn just smirked. "And now I'm very intrigued."