2.15

"That's it. I've had it. I can't take it anymore. LOOK AT HIM!" Remus flinched as the man he was talking to yelled out in anger. "He's in pain, and I don't know how to help him!"

"So... No offense but... why exactly am I here?" The man growled slightly before just crashing and falling back into his couch with a sigh.

"I don't know." Remus frowned as he glanced over at the crystal ball. The man was distraught just watching the world move on. "It's been 150 years. 150 years... how the hell is he still..."

"You know, there is something I can do..."

"No." The man rolled his eyes as Remus giggled and skipped over to him with a laugh. 

"Come on. All you have to do it..."

"Remus, I said no!" Remus gave a pout as he stomped his foot and huffed out like a child. The man just stared longingly at the crystal ball. "It wouldn't do any good. Nothing would change."

"But it would get you down there..."

"I bet that's the same line you fed your brother." Remus's eyes flashed as the man just rolled his eyes. "I'm not a puppet, Remus. I won't make a deal with you unless it was sure to help. I know how your deals tend to work out."

"You're just afraid..."

"OF COURSE I'M AFRAID!" The man roared out encasing the room with blackened flames that created a sense of panic that even the demon could feel deep in his bones. "I'm very afraid. I'm the fucking god of fear!"

"Make the deal." The man tensed as Remus's eyes flashed an electrifying green, sparking with energy like livewires behind the pupils. "You called me here for a reason. You did that. You could have spoken to him at any time... instead, you made the choice not to. You could have kept him from forgetting... You could have done a lot of things."

"I was afraid of hurting him." Remus just stood there with this done look as the man groaned. "I thought if I didn't do anything that he would... move on?"

"Well... He has."

"You call that moving on?!" Remus just sat there beside the man noticing as his hands shook like crazy. "I just don't want him to hurt anymore."

"Make the deal. You know the drill... the stipulations... and the rule to break it. I wouldn't offer it to you if I didn't have faith." The man sighed as he nodded making Remus grin wickedly. "Then all you need to do is sign." Remus summoned a scroll and the man's eyes immediately locked onto the cursive signature at the very bottom. "Same exact scroll for the same exact deal. No tricks, no changes... Everything the same save for the god it affects. Everything is the exact same so there is nothing new for you to 'figure out'. There's nothing on my end for you to be afraid of."

"Are you absolutely sure?" Remus held the quill out letting the man's fingers gently traced the feather before taking it in his hand and letting out a shaky breath.

"Sign the deal." The man nodded one last time before pressing the quill to the paper and...

"YO, DB!" Alex giggled euphorically as he jumped on the other gods back startling him.

"ALEX?!" Alex just kept giggling as he carefully dropped down ignoring the way Roman glared at him. "What?!"

"So I know you said no more dating..."

"Oh, gods... please tell me you didn't set me up on another date." Roman frowned as Alex just rolled his eyes. "Alex, please. I told you, It doesn't feel right."

"No. No. I didn't set you up again." Roman sighed in relief only to frown noticing how giddy the other still was.

"So what did you do then?"

"Me? I did nothing. My god however..." Roman paled as Alex just kept giggling. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Alex, no..." 

"Roman, now." Roman flinched at the sudden change in the other. Alex stood there suddenly looking extremely serious as his eyes shifted completely black. "Normally I wouldn't push but my god is adamant about this and I told you I'm not getting on his bad side. So... Let's go."

"Fine." Roman grumped as he shook his head annoyed with everything. Alex led him down this path until Roman noticed exactly where they were going and frowned. "Wait... Why are we going to the memori..."

"Sup." Roman froze seeing a young man no older than 20 leaning against 'Patton's tree'. He had thick pitch-black hair under a black beanie that fell in a very long fringe over his lavender eyes. His pale skin practically shined in the sun despite him being in the shade... and covered completely from the neck down in dark colors. Roman stood there just blinking in silence as the man chuckled as started over. As soon as he walked out of the shadow he popped his hood up as he just crossed his arms with a smirk. "Roman?"

"Uh..." 

"Well, are you going to speak?" Alex giggled as Roman just fumbled a bit for words. "I've... never actually seen him speechless."

"I'm surprised too..." The man held his hand out in a sort of sweater paw, only the tips of his fingers were showing as his smirk grew even wider. "The name's Luci."

"Lucy?" Roman quirked a brow as Luci just sighed. "What kind of a name..."

"It's short for Lucifer." Roman paled as Luci just shot him a sassy smirk. "Is there a problem?"

"Not at all, Luci." Roman gently took his hand to shake only to freeze eyes going wide at the contact. He suddenly pulled his sleeve down a bit just holding his hand tightly with both hands as Luci frowned in confusion. "Shit. Sorry." Roman laughed as he forced himself to let go. "I just uh... wasn't expecting... to really... feel that."

"Wait, what?" Alex frowned as Roman just waved him off. 

"It's not important, Alex. So Luci... why exactly was I supposed to meet you again?" Lucifer just laughed as he hugged himself a bit. 

"Because... why the fuck not?"