26

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" The room plummeted into icy temperature as Roman's fire died out due to exhaustion and Deceit's haze vanished. A man in green slowly stepped out of the black making Roman frown, his eyes instantly darting to the crown on his head. "Please, Dee... Don't hurt him."

"But love, he..." Remus smiled sadly over at his brother making Deceit clam up in confusion. The demon king inched closer seeing the boy Roman was holding and frowned.

"Roman, he's..."

"I know." Roman couldn't stop the tears that fell and Remus's eyes widened at the sight. "I know, but I can't... Please... Please help me."

"Deceit, the heart." Roman's eyes shot up as Deceit mumbled under his breath handing the stone to Remus with a roll of his eyes. "Thank you, Love."

"Remus?" Roman watched as his brother knelt down beside Virgil with this look in his eyes. Roman subconsciously curled Virgil closer and away from his brother, only to freeze hearing Remus laugh.

"It's ok, Roman." Remus's eyes flashed as he placed the heart on Virgil's chest watching it warp before sinking back into the boy. "Do not stop giving him energy though."

"Ray? What's going on?" Remus smiled seeing the pain in his brother's eyes. He could see quite clearly how much Roman cared for this boy. "Ray?"

"I'm going to help you."

"Remus, you can't." Roman went to say something but froze seeing the worry in the snake. "You've already given him the heart back... too many acts of good."

"Do not worry, Dee. If I save this young man's life, Roman here will owe me. Not to mention Thomas..." Roman's eyes widened as he nodded furiously, shocking both demons.

"I don't care. I'll do whatever you want jUsT pLeAsE SAVE HIM!" Roman was shaking as his exhaustion started taking its toll. "Please... please, I-I can't... I'm already tired... I don't want him to die."

"Roman, you do remember the last deal we made, yes?" Roman peered up at his brother through his bangs with a glare sending a shiver down Remus's spine seeing the pink so bright. Roman's eyes haven't been pink since before Will.

"Remus, I love you... but if you do not save Virgil's life I will make your immortality a living fucking hell." Remus couldn't stop the smile. His eyes darted to Deceit who sighed and nodded. The demon held his hand out and Roman's eyes narrowed seeing a small gleaming green scale hovering above it. Remus beamed as he took it and clasped his hands over it with glowing eyes. "What... What are you doing?"

"Saving his life." Remus carefully opened his hand to reveal an amber pendant. The amber had a swirling shell like design and inside was the scale. Remus sighed happily as he carefully put it over Virgil's head. Roman watched in stunned relief as the blackened veins slowly vanished. "It's a protection charm... of sorts. Dee's scale and my shell dust should be enough to stave off whatever is happening..." Roman nodded as Remus sighed. "... as long as he NEVER takes it off."

"One... One last thing?" Dee and Remus shared a look as Roman frowned. "We... actually came here for a reason. we needed to know... Where's Thomas?" Remus tensed and Deceit frowned as Roman looked back up at them with this determination. "I have to find him."

"Roman, he's TeKa..." Roman growled making the to tense up even more.

"I made a promise to Virgil." Remus's eyes went wide as Roman smiled sadly. "I promised him I would help him save Thomas... that I would stay by his side and do whatever it took for him to be successful... I need to know where he is."

"You've done it again, Roman." The exgod froze up entirely as his brother smiled at him. "You can't deny it. Not when you spent all that power just to keep his body from dying completely."