52

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Virgil yelled out as Logan just stood there shaking his head. "Dad is dying and you're to busy focusing on Roman?!" 

"That's precisely why I am, Virgil. Your dad isn't going to last much longer. We need to start planning things but your to worried over him to even listen."

"I'll leave." The room went silent as Roman's finally spoke out. Those two had been going at it for hours it felt like all while Roman just stood there against the wall in silence. Virgil was getting worried because Roman hadn't been seeking contact with him since they had gotten there and every time Virgil tried to give it Roman would pull away. He knew something was wrong but he Roman never told him what. "I'll just go to my room if it will help. I'm actually kind of tired anyway."

"Roman..." Roman frowned seeing the worry in Virgil as he shook his head. 

"I'm fine, Virgil. Your father's right. You need to be focus on Patton, not me." Virgil's eyes narrowed seeing how Roman's eyes were such a pale yellow and he shook his head. 

"You're in pain, Roman. Your eyes are yellow." Logan's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil carefully walked over to the exgod, who just laughed.

"Yellow means happy..."

"Pale yellow." Roman paused as his face fell and he side.

"That... that makes more sense." Virgil frowned as he caressed Roman's cheek watching his eyes flutter as his hands went to Virgil's. "Roman, we've been through this before. I've been recognizing the signs. Please tell me you aren't..." Roman pushed Virgil's hand away with a small 'fake' smile as he shook his head. "Roman."

"I'm ok, Virgil. It's only been... a week? I think? I'm good. I can make it." Virgil's eyes flashed as he gripped Roman's wrist tightly scaring the exgod.

"What was that?"

"Virgil, I'm fine. I'm tired but I'm fine. Now, go be with your father and do what you need to do. I'm going to my room to rest ok. I'm not going to distract you." Logan sighed as Roman met his eyes with an apologetic look. "You need to focus and me being here right now is preventing that."

"Ro..."

"Go, Virgil." Roman gently nudged him away as he started for the door. "I'm... I'm ok." Roman sighed as he leaned against the door as it closed. His eyes slipped shut as he shook. A weak with hardly any touch at all. Yeah... Virgil wasn't wrong. He was getting touch starved again. It's fine though. It's not forever. It's only until they get back to the mission. Roman's eyes narrowed as he forced himself to move away with a pained groan. "I need to rest."

"Virgil?" Logan's voice was soft as he just watched his son stand there staring at the door. "I'm sure he's ok."

"This is what he does. He pushes himself as to not hurt or upset me. He's doing it again. I know he's doing it again but... I don't know why. I told him he didn't have to..." Virgil groaned as he shook his head and turned back to his father. "I'll just talk to him later. He's right. He looked tired."

"Virgil, I do not understand why you are so worried about him."

"I love him." Logan sighed as he nodded in understanding. Maybe the rules were a bit to much but... in all honesty, they weren't either. All Logan had was that they were not to share a room, that Roman was to let Virgil focus on Patton, and that he didn't want to much... PDA when Virgil had things to do. Sure he said no contact... at all but that couldn't have been that bad. The rules were hardly that strict if you truly thought about it. No. Logan was right in doing what he did. Roman must have just found a different way to keep Virgil wrapped around his finger. It's just a trick. A trick that will die off eventually once he realizes it won't work. Right now they had to focus on Patton.

"I should..." Roman frowned as he looked up at the door he had walked to and he sighed. "I should be in my room." Roman rolled his eyes as he walked in to see Patton laying there on his bed clinging to his blankets tightly. "But I'm not... Hello, Patton." Roman smiled softly as he slowly made his way over to the man in bed being sure not to stumble or trip. "How are you feeling today?"

"N-Not g-good, Kid-ddo." Patton muttered as he panted and frowned. "Hurts..."

"I know the feeling." Patton's eyes opened to see Roman go to sit in the chair that Logan had brought in a while ago and his frown grew. Roman's face was paler than before. His eyes here a pale yellow-green that made him look sicker than anything. He had dark circles under his eyes but yet still smiled softly. "Are you cold?"

"A little b-bit." Patton frowned more as he watched Roman summon a small flame carefully setting it onto Patton's chest as he just sighed softly. It still amazed the father how Roman's fire could burn everything to the ground but also not burn a thing. Patton let out a content breath as the fire gave him a sort of warmth that made his shivering go down. "Thank you."

"No problem, Padre. You needed it." Roman winced as the room started to spin and he laid his head against the bed. "Sorry. I got a headache."

"You don't look to g-good, Ro."

"I-I'm ok." Roman laughed as he just laid there, letting his eyes slip shut a bit. "I'll be fine. I just... I don't want to upset anyone."

"You aren't upsetting me." Patton's eyes narrowed with concern as he gently brushed Roman's hair back noticing how the exgod shivered like crazy. "Roman, are you sick too?"

"No." Roman mumbled as his body slowly but surely started to pull him under. "'m no' sick." Patton tensed seeing Roman pant slightly as his face scrunched up in discomfort. "I'm not sick. I'm ok."

"Ro..."

"I'm fine, Virgil." Patton's eyes shot wide the moment Roman mumbled out in his sleep. "Not sick... don't... don't worry about me."

"Poor, Kiddo." Patton smiled softly as he reached over, grunting in pain as he turned his lamp off. He pulled one of his blankets off the chair and draped it over Roman's shoulders before collapsing back into his pillow of the action and letting his own eyes close. "I hope you feel better soon."