13

Virgil laid there staring up at the roof of his cabin room and frowned. He could feel it. This pain in his chest... He could feel his heart hurting. He could feel this weight... as if the world as crushing him. Thomas... His hand clenched his shirt tightly as tears spilled from his eyes. He could feel Thomas's pain. He could almost image Thomas screaming out as he chucked a cup shattering it against the wall as his rage burned through him. Tears falling from the man's face as he the world withered around him, exposed to his toxic aura filled with his heart-wrenching agony. To him... he's lost his son. He lost his son and everything he cared about. Virgil could feel it. 

"Sir?" There was a knock on the door making Virgil jump as he dried the tears that fell from his eyes. "The Captin is requesting your company. Sir?" Virgil ran over opening the door to find a person about his size standing there with brightly colored soft pastel hair. "Aw... I was starting to think I got the wrong room." The smiled awkwardly as they stuffed their hands into the pants pockets. "Wouldn't be the first time."

"No... You got the right one, sorry." The person simply smiled before shaking their head. 

"It's ok. My names Talyn. If you need anything at all during your trip don't hesitate to come ask me." Virgil nodded with a smile as he watched them walk off. He hadn't planned on leaving his room at all during the trip but obviously life had other plans. Virgil sighed as he grabbed his hoodie before walking out of the room only to bump into someone. He took one good look at the man and tensed up with fear.

"Sorry..." Virgil wasted no time running off getting himself out of there. It wasn't that Virgil couldn't protect himself. He could. After all, he was a demi. He was powerful and smart enough to think of good strategies. The problem was he want to have to. These were all humans after all. And there are humans out there who just don't like Demi's at all. Which is why not man people know about Virgil...

It's also why he tries very hard not to show it. If no one knows he's a demi, chances are he'll fly under the radar better. 

He made his way to the captain's quarters fairly easy but it didn't make his anxiety worse. Of course, things are never truly easy. Before he could even open the door he found himself slammed against the outer wall of the boat, his back pressed over the railing enough for him to get sprayed by the ocean water.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" Virgil tensed seeing the man he had bumped into before and his breath hitched. "You just bump into me and run off."

"I-I s-said I was sorry." Virgil could tell the ocean was getting worried about just out far Virgil was over the rail. It was bending and moving, promising to catch him should he fall over. 

"That's not good enough kid." Virgil's eyes narrowed as the man pointed to his shoes. "These are 100$ kicks you scuffed up. I deserve some sort of compensation."

"I-I don't have anything." The man scoffed as he pressed Virgil further making the ocean beat against the boat in obvious anger. "I don't!"

"You just happen to have the best passenger cabin there is on this boat and... you don't have anything. Liar..."

"I DON'T!" Virgil yelled as he gripped the wall tightly as to not fall over when the wind-blasted causing the man to stumble back. "I don't have any money. I don't have anything of value. If you are that adamant about payment over shitty shoes that look like a 6-year-old put them together maybe you should go to the manufacturer and ask them for a refund. After all your the one that paid 100 dollars for vomit like footwear. Surely they have enough money from all the morons buying their products... morons like you." The man was seething. Virgil just smirked seeing the door open behind them to reveal the Captain wide-eyed over the scene before him. "Dominic!"

"Virgil?" The man stumbled back hearing the voice behind him only to freeze seeing the Captain and tense before glancing back over at Virgil. "Is everything ok?" Dominic looked Virgil over as the younger one nodded. 

"I'm ok. We were just having a discussion about shoes." Virgil laughed as he shook his head. "Talyn said you needed me."

"I just wanted to make sure everything was ok." Dominic held the door open for Virgil as the man watched quietly with rage. "You're godfather is a good friend of mine." Virgil froze hearing the door click shut as Dominic just laughed. "When Logan told me to be expecting you, I was a tad nervous. Neither he nor Thomas ever wanted you to leave the island. Did something happen?"

"Uh... Well..." Virgil sighed as he shook his head. "No. Nothing happened. "Virgil's hands shook as he smiled over at Dominic. "Just going to visit Thomas."

"That's nice. That dude doesn't have many friends over... actually I don't even know where he lives." Dominic laughed awkwardly as he moved to go back to work. 

"Well, We're family." Virgil swallowed the pain in him as Dominic just nodded. 

"I'm happy, Dude. Really... After all, Thomas is going to love this and you get to get some time off the island like you wanted. Just as long as everything is ok."

"It is." Virgil smiled as Dominic shot him this look.

"Ok, then... Also, you sure that guy wasn't causing you any problems?" Virgil just laughed as Dominic shot him this look. "I could just..."

"No, no, no. Don't go out of your way for me. What you already did was plenty enough. Y'all don't have to be so protective. I'm good." Virgil smiled as he inched towards the door. The sun was already down and Virgil couldn't wait to feel the crisp nighttime ocean air. "I appreciate everything though Dominic, really I do."

"Hey, it's no problem, Virge. We're all family." Virgil nodded just before bolting out of the room with a laugh. At this time of night, there were events going on leaving the deck empty for the most part. Virgil couldn't have been happier. He put himself in the direct center of the farthest wall of the stern and just stood there eyes closed feeling the wind circle happily around him. 

"You some kind of rich kid." Virgil's smile fell instantly as he slowly opened his eyes to just staring at the water below him. 

"How can I be rich if I have no money?" The man scoffed behind him as Virgil just sighed. He turned himself around to see the man from before as he shook his head. "I really don't know what to tell you." The man just laughed as he scrunched his face in angry confusion.

"I'm just wondering... You from some rick family with connections? I mean, who the hell are you?" Virgil's eyes went dark as he shook his head. 

"I'm no one. The captain just a family frien..." 

"See that's the thing. You're this nobody with no cash and no brains if you think talking to me the way you did was ok. I think you need to learn your place but I wanted to make sure you really didn't have any cash or shit before we settled this." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

"Settled what?" The man smirked deviously as he moved in closer making Virgil press himself against the rail... again.

"My payment." Next thing Virgil new he was over the rail and plunging into the cold depths of the water below him.