Chapter 9

Troye's POV:

        It's been a whole week since my phone call with Tyler, and I still haven't gotten a letter from him in class. It was weird not hearing from him, like a withdrawal almost. Or maybe I'm just feeling this way because his letter is supposed to tell me his opinions about me and I have never been more nervous.

        I pulled my blankets up higher, now resting under my chin, and sighed into my pillow. It was already seven-ten, and I still had to take a shower and style my quiff. Not to mention choose my outfit. I really had to get up. Especially since laying in bed had me overthinking everything, probably because I had nothing better to do. Of course the only thing I thought about was our phone call.

        Fucking Tyde jumps up behind me and squeezes my side so I fall to the ground. I swear I'm going to get that little pest back somehow. And then of course Tyde had to mention the flirting, which I wasn't doing! I just knew I could be more of myself around Tyler, and that included flirting a bit with males. Tha'ts the problem though...my family doesn't know he's a male. When Zoella came over to my house the other day after the coffee shop, she kept on poking me and teased me about Tyler. My family didn't hear his name though, so now it was implanted in their brains that I had a thing for some hot girl. Oh how ironic.

        "TROYETROYETROYE!" A voice screamed into my ear. "WAKEUP!!!!! WAKEY WAKEY!" 

        "Fuck off!" I replied, swatting my hand out. I was too slow though and Tyde jumped back.

        "Aw you're just upset you haven't gotten a letter from your girly-friend in a few days." Tyde pouted over dramatically and bat his eyelashes at me.

        "Shut up, that had nothing to do with it. It's just merely the fact that I have to wake up to your face in the morning." I growled. He opened and closed his mouth, mocking me speaking. I took my pillow out from behind my head and chucked it at his face. He yelped, jumped out of the way, and then found his way out of the room. I groaned and sat up to meet with the freezing morning air. Screw life.

        An hour later, I found myself sitting in Art class next to the one and only Connor Franta. Today was what we call 'Inspire'. It happens once a month in art, and you can basically create anything you want. I was making a pot out of this cheao brown clay while Connor was hastily painting something. You could never really get a bad grade in our art class, so we always messed around a little with what we made.

        "Hey Troye, turn to me for a sec." Connor mumbled so I turned to face him. He stared at my complexion for half a minute and then went back to his art.

        "Oh hell no, are you painting me?" I exclaimed and he chuckled.

        "No I can't paint people are you crazy?!" He retorted. I rolled my eyes and glanced over at his canvas.

        "You...You're painting my eye?" I realized questioningly. 

        "No I'm painting a round blue nose." He replied, his voice dripping with sarcasm. I scoffed and shook my head minisulely.

        "Well why are you?" I wondered and he shrugged, not taking his eyes off his painting.

        "You have good eyes Troye." He replied and my heart fluttered, I just couldn't help it. 

        "Oh...thanks..." I muttered and placed my hands on my puny vase again. I clicked my foot up and down to spin the wheel, and grazed my hands lightly across the base. "Shitshitshitshit!" I mumbled as the drenched pottery started caving in on itself. Connor's laughter rang next to me, enjoying my expense. "Shut up. No, no, no, no! Ugh!" I groaned and removed my hands as it completely fell, there was no way to save it now.