Chapter 14

Tyler's POV:

Dear Queen,

        Call me maybe?

Sincerely Yours,

        The Quiff God

~~~

        "Ty are you going to Jenna's Halloween party tonight?" Marcus wondered as we sat on the football bleachers after school.

        "What? I already went to Hannah's party last night?" I said, my statement coming out more as a question. He rolled his eyes, as if it was pathetic for me to say that.

        "So? Tonight's Jenna's party! You know how big her parties are!" He persuaded but I just furrowed my eyebrows a bit. It's not like I didn't enjoy Jenna or her parties, Jenna was awesome! I even went on a date with her once in seventh grade but at the end of the night she just ended up asking me if I'm gay. 

        "I don't know, Marky, I'm just not in the mood tonight. Besides, I told my mom I'd pass out the candy while she takes Maia trick-or-treating." I informed, referring to our neighbors' little kid. Maia came over about once a week to do random creative crafts with my mom while her parents went on 'date night', but this week her parents decided to go to a Halloween party.

        "Uh-huh, and does passing out Halloween candy involve Troye?" He wondered, raising an eyebrows. I narrowed my eyes and elbowed him not too playfully in the side. In fact, it did. Troye and I made plans to have yet another phone call this night for as long as possible. It was a Friday here and a Saturday in Australia, so we were able to talk as late as we wanted to. That also meant, though, that it's been a week since our last phone call. Of course, we've texted since then. Actually, I had a detention on Tuesday because I got caught texting him in class. We haven't had any late night text chats though, since he was always just getting out of school by the time I was going to bed. I planned on calling him tonight though, at 8 like usual, so he'd be at home eating lunch at 12 in Perth.

        The only thing I didn't quite like about talking to Troye so much was that half the time we were discussing his crush. I wouldn't have had a problem with it if he wasn't mine. Anyways, from what I've learned about Troye's crush, Troye doesn't know if he's admitting his feelings any time soon. He wants to but he doesn't think it will end well. I still have yet to know his crushes name, but that doesn't worry me. He could be nervous that I'll tell his crushes penpal about his feelings and his crush will find out.

        "Yes. Now shut up." I grumbled. It's not like I had a problem talking about Troye, but as of now I didn't want anyone but the girls knowing about my small feelings for Troye. Okay...technically I didn't want anyone knowing about my feelings for Troye, but it's a little too late to decide that. Talking about feelings and penpals--"Where's Alfie?" I wondered. He usually met us here after school on Fridays if we weren't hanging out anyone else.

        "He's looking at plane tickets from Australia to America." Marcus answered, looking straight ahead with his lips set into a  grim line. My jaw dropped and eyebrows rose.

        "Wait, is she actually coming?" I asked and he shrugged the slightest bit.

        "Alf told me that apparently her dad gave her a choice to either visit America this winter break or go to England once she graduated. I guess she's been planning to move to England ever since she young. I can't believe she's actually considering giving up her life dream to visit some guy she was assigned to in class." He scoffed after his explanation. I stared to the ground sheepishly as his words sunk in. I had two thoughts crossing my mind but they were both so sappy...