Chapter 4

Tyler's POV:

Dear Queen,       

        Forgive me, but this letter is going to be rather short. Just so you know, all of my social media URL's are on the back of this letter.

        I have three siblings. The oldest is my brother Steele, then there's my younger sister Sage, and my youngest brother Tyde. My best friend is this guy named Connor, I believe his penpal is some guy named Marcus Butler? Do you know him? And my Australian accent...pretty strong. It's slightly mixed with a South African accent, where I used to live! Now I have to go, I have a fricking Chemistry test tomorrow and if I don't get at least an A on it, I will never get into a college.

 Sincerely Yours,

        Troye the Boy (PS, I'm single, but I sort of have my eye on someone...)

        I flipped the paper around without a second of hesitation, punching all the URL's into my phone. Today I didn't open my letter until the end of lunch, just so I would have more time to read. I guess it was pretty pointless today, considering his letter was the shortest one he had ever sent. I couldn't decide what site of his to check out first...this was the first contact I had with him that wasn't a written letter. I figured I'd click on Tumblr, saying that he underlined his Tumblr URL until the paper was nearly wripping under the ink of his pen.

        I searched his name up as soon as the app opened on my phone, his name under TroyeSivan instead of TroyeMellet. The first thing I saw on his Tumblr page was some deep shit about rain and life and I outwardly groaned. Was he really that kind of Tumblr kid? I scrolled down once and was immediately corrected when I found a gif of some kid who shaved his eyebrows. My eyebrows furrowed and I scrolled down again and was greeted by a picture of some cat. I clicked to the next page and found a text post that he created. I looked around the small garden the school had that I was sitting in. Most plants were dying, but I was alone. I quickly scanned my eyes over the text post.

        When your penpal talks to you more than half the people at the school do, you know somethings wrong.

        I chuckled but then my grin faltered. I had never really thought about that. What kind of kid was he like at school? He didn't sound like a popular type or a jock...what if he was bullied? Or what if Connor was his only friend? At my school, I was in one of those "known by everyone but not necessarily popular" groups. I raked my hands through my light blue hair and decided to just continue stalking his Tumblr. I scrolled down with my thumb and my eyes widened, a loud gasp sounding from me. I knew Tumblr was....scandolous...but I didn't expect Troye to be the type of kid to reblog a gif of a girl and guy making out hastily. Wow, I guess you really never knew someone until you found their Tumblr URL. 

        I bit my lip nervously and slowly scrolled down again, just to find yet another picture of a guy and girl kissing, but this time the girl was half naked. I shook my head fast and decided to skip ahead to the next page, just to avoid all the couples. But, despite my attempts, they never went away. This time though, my jaw dropped and all my muscles softened.

        Two males were kissing, but it wasn't like the other gifs. In fact, it only lasted a second, but it was soft, and slow, not at all sexy just...sweet. Both of the boys were fully clothed, and they were lying down on a field. I couldn't help but notice the change in moods from the different gifs. I quickly pressed the reblog button once my head cleared.

        "Tyler! There you are! You didn't sit with us during lunch...you okay?" Hannah Hart asked. She had short dirty blonde hair and was a few inches shorter than me. She walked over and plopped next to me on the rusty bench.