Ch. 9-Release

I know I say all the time that you need to comment but I have a real reason this time. I won't go on until my question at the bottom is answered by more than nine users!

********************************

Haylynn's POV

I woke up an hour later and Trey was watching me. I sat up carefully and stared into Trey's eyes. "Better," he asked concerned and I nodded. "Today is the day," I said and stood up. "It is. Do you need blood," he asked. "That would make you weak," I said as I searched through my closet.

"I could recharge. We have a few hours before sunset," Trey said. I sighed and turned to face him. Trey kneeled and turned his head as I stroked his neck. That man from my dreams. I craved him as I craved Trey's blood. Why? I still couldn't figure it out. "Something wrong my queen," Trey asked. "No my love," I said and sunk my fangs into Trey's neck. I took a little less than usual and licked the wound clean. "Thank you," I said and kissed Trey's cheek.

"I live for you my love," he said. I removed a few pillows from the bed and put them on the floor closer to Trey. When Trey started to recharge I gave my full attention to my closet. What I planned to wear was what I would wear in battle. I decided to wear a pair of stretchy black pants. They were more like tights and allowed me to move freely.

I decided to wear a red long sleeved shirt made from the same material as my pants. I wore red, flat ankle boots and attached my weapon belt around my waist. I would put my other armor on later. I picked up my gun from the table and put it in my belt. I took a small dagger and strapped it to my leg.

I decided to retrieve my sword later and walked toward Hailey's room. When I walked in she was playing a form of house with Glen. "I want all my flowers to be here," Hailey said while pointing to her window. A flower grew in the empty pot near the window and I smiled. Hailey was tapping into her powers and that meant she was to be my successor.

I walked toward Hailey and covered her eyes. "Guess who," I said. "Trey," she said. "No," I said knowing that she knew who I was. Hailey's giggling gave it away. "Drew," she said and the name made my head hurt. "No. It's me Haylynn," I said and removed my hands. "That was my next guess," Hailey said as she pulled me into a hug.

Hailey looked me over and asked, "Where are you going?" "I have to fight to protect our home. You are to stay in your room with Glen. Understand," I asked. "Why can't I come," Hailey asked with tears in her eyes. "You have to be a princess and protect the inside. If anyone comes I want you to take the knife out of the closet," I said. Hailey ran from my arms and pulled a sword from under the bed. "What do I do about this one," she asked.

I honestly forgot that one was here. "You can use it and Glen can use the knife in the closet," I said. "There's a gun in the dresser," Glen said. Where were all these weapons coming from? "Use whatever you wish but stay here. I will have a guard walking down the hall. Glen did you need to eat," I asked. "Yes queen," he said and I let Glen leave the room.

"Why couldn't I eat with Glen," Hailey asked. "He eats special food," I said. Hailey sat on the floor so I sat next to her. "Haylynn you're not the same are you," Hailey asked. "What do you mean," I asked. I saw Hailey struggling with her words. "You...burned in the sun. You haven't caught butterflies with me and I never leave in the day time. Sis are you like Glen," she asked.