Ch.16 How I fell for him. Literally.

Drew's POV

I woke up and I was back on the street. I got up but felt a little groggy. My inner wolf was screaming for Haylynn but he was really starting to piss me off. It was mate this and mate that and my mind was being filled with Haylynn. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but I would like to think about something like surviving. I started walking down the street but couldn't focus. How strong was that stuff Theresa gave me?

Those Vamps were smart. I've got to give them their credit. Knocking me out to get to the place and knocking me out before bringing me back here. I can't trace their scent so basically I don't know who to kill first. Fucking Vampires. I kicked a nearby trashcan and people looked at me. "Is there a problem," I asked while growling and people minded their own business. Smart decision. Why am I in such a bad mood?

Oh yeah. My mate was in a hospital, I was forced to give information by a fucking vampire, and I'm starving! I looked to my left and saw a McDonalds. Oh thank god. One of my important problems are solved. Haylynn's a close second. I ate some food and got a few glances. What? One guy can't eat four big macs, two large fries, and an apple pie? I slurped down the coke and left. Feeling full and with a clearer head, I made my way to the pack. Hunter's going to kill me.

****************

Haylynn's POV

I decided to go outside with Hailey. She wanted to chase butterflies so I went too. We were running around in the forest and the trees where swaying in the breeze. "Do you like butterflies Hailey," I asked. She nodded and caught one in her hand. "Look sis! I got one," she said. I moved closer to her and she opened her hand slowly. Inside was a blue and black butterfly. "Isn't she pretty," I asked. "It's a he," Hailey said. "Oh? And how do you know," I asked. "It has to be a boy. It's blue!" I smiled and said, "You're right."

"So what should we do with it," I asked. "Let him go of course," she said. "But then you won't be able to play with him anymore," I said. Hailey thought about it and said, "I want him to be free. That way I can see him again." I smiled and said, "Your right. His mommy and daddy are probably looking for him. In fact we should go inside for lunch." Hailey released the butterfly and waved as he flew away.

She took my hand and we headed back to the house. When we got in the kitchen, I started to make her a sandwich. Lisa's been teaching me how to cook. I made soup on the stove and baked chicken. I didn't burn anything either! I felt something tug my shirt so I looked down. "What's wrong Hailey," I asked. "Someone's coming," she said. I put the knife down and picked her up. "Is it someone dangerous," I asked. "I-I don't know," she said. I picked up the butcher's knife in my other hand and told her to be quiet.

I walked around the house quietly and heard the front door slam. "Hunter," someone exclaimed. I crept closer to the front door and turned the corner. It was some guy. He looks familiar but don't all killers look familiar? Hailey jumped out of my arms and ran towards the guy. "Hailey no," I exclaimed. It was too late. The guy with black spiky hair, and light brown eyes saw us both. He picked Hailey up and I pointed the knife at him.

"Put her down or...or I'll kill you," I said trying to mean it. Something about him made my stomach churn. Have I seen him on the news as a killer? "Haylynn put the knife down. It's me," he said. I walked a little closer with the knife pointed at him. "H-How do you know my name? Just put the girl down and no one gets hurt," I exclaimed. He looked at me and growled. I shivered. That's weird. That sounded so familiar. Probably from Hunter.

"Oh my god you're a werewolf! Just put the girl down," I exclaimed. Who the fuck is this guy just picking up children? "Drew put me down! Sissy's getting mad," Hailey said. I looked at him and narrowed my eyes. Then realization hit me. "You! You're my so called boyfriend from the pictures! Drew right? We are so over," I exclaimed. Drew was standing there speechless. Somehow Hailey wiggled out of his arms and ran over to me. "Sissy don't kill him! You love him," she said. I looked back at Drew and then at Hailey.