Ch. 3-Cravings

Hey guys! I just want to saw thanks for reading this story but I would REALLY appreciate it if you checked out my latest story called “The Secluding of Eve.” It’s a story that stands strong on it’s on (it’s not a sequel). So please go read it. Here’s the prologue of it.

The red, taunting liquid crept closer to me. I tried to move away from it but it laughed as it inched closer to me. “Eve what’s wrong with you! That wasn’t in the plan,” he said. I looked back and he stared at me with fear. I saw the horror in his eyes and I hated it because I secretly loved him. “I had to do it. It was her or me,” I said as I walked toward him. “I loved her,” he exclaimed and I stopped in my tracks. “After everything you still loved her,” I asked with my voice cracking.

This feeling of love was new to me. I didn’t know if it was supposed to hurt so much. “Let’s just go before you ruin everything,” he said and walked away leaving me alone in the room with the laughing liquid. I looked back and clenched my fists. Why wasn’t I good enough? Why couldn’t he see the truth? That I loved him no matter how much he hurt me. I craved the pain to a point where I couldn’t tell what pain was and what was love.

I stepped toward the doorframe and rested my hand against its smooth, un-changing features. If only I could be as emotionless as this. Then all of this would never have happened.

****************

Haylynn/Tala Akia’s POV

I walked into my closet and changed. I had so many dresses over the time. I’ve seen so many styles pass by. I wonder what females of today wear. I picked out a black dress that plunged in the back and had a thin strap. The dress came slightly above my ankles and I put on black heels. I matched it with a black hat with white feathers on the side. “Gorgeous,” Vassar said and I turned to face him.

“What name do you go by now,” I asked. “I called myself Trey to you my love but once called myself Brandon to you. Which do you prefer,” he asked. I walked to my window and pulled back the drapes to reveal the moonlight. “I prefer Trey,” I said, “What was my human name?”

When I didn’t get an answer I looked back at Trey. “You were Haylynn my love,” he said. I raised my eyebrow slightly and asked, ‘Do you not like the name?” “It isn’t my place to say my love. I just didn’t want you to remember any painful memories from your human life.”

“I shall go with Haylynn then. It’s very unique,” I said and said the name to myself. Haylynn. “Yes my love. Is there anything I can do to add to your comfort,” Trey asked. I walked closer to him and kissed his cold cheek. “I wish to walk around my castle. I need to be informed of everything that has happened while I have been away,” I said and headed for the castle. I pulled the door with ease and walked down the hall.

“Well your second fiercest warrior took the throne and he goes by the name Drake. Your first twelve creations that make up the royal family go by the last name Von Peturie,” Trey said. “I must speak to this Drake then. I wish to reclaim my crown,” I said and held my head high. “Does he know I’m here,” I asked. “No. I have not told anyone who you are. The council is meeting in the throne room now. Drake’s wife, Keir Von Peturie, is dying from a werewolf poison. Things have gone very downhill since that night,” Trey said.

“Why didn’t you correct my legacy? Did it not occur to you that when my empire falls, the world falls,” I asked. “It occurred to me my queen but my reason for being was to find you. I made sure that everything kept some form of stability until your return. I’m sorry for not handling things to your approval,” he said.

“You did what you thought was right Trey and now I must correct this problem,” I said and walked into the throne room. I heard many people gasp at my presence but my focus was on the man in front of me sitting on my throne. He was my fifth creation and my second strongest warrior with Trey being my first. “Bow to your queen,” Trey commanded and many people bowed.