Ch.5-Retour

I dedicate this Chapter to kassandra18 because she's an awesome fan! I really appreciate your "Love it" comments! :) I hope you an everyone else enjoy's this chapter.

***************

Haylynn's POV

"Amber where do you want to go," I ask. Traffic is really heavy today and we still haven't decided where to go. "Well the mall is out because there are no sales. The movies are out because there's nothing new and honestly I don't feel like eating," Amber said. I looked her over and asked, "Ok what's wrong. You never refuse food."

I'm not saying that Amber's fat. She's really thin but put something in front of her, it's gone in five minutes. She has a really high metabolism and is constantly snacking. I remember when we went on an overnight field trip and the people in charge told her she couldn't have any snacks. We were only fed breakfast and lunch for three days and Amber was so pale looking that her Mom picked her up.

Amber sighed and said, "Just thinking about someone." Now I know something's wrong. Amber is supposed to tell me all the details. "Well who's the guy," I ask knowing that it has to be guy issues. It must be serious guy issues since she's fidgeting in her seat.

"Well I like a guy but from all my connections he doesn't feel anything for me," Amber said. "Well maybe it's because the guy never thought about it seriously. Who's the guy anyway," I asked. I look over at Amber and she sighs. "You won't say anything right," Amber asks. This must be serious if my gossip girl Amber doesn't want anyone to know.

"I promise Amber. Just tell me," I reply and watch Amber's face soften. "It's Drake," Amber whispers. My eyes go wide. Amber and Drake? Drake our dark curly haired friend with dimples. Drake our friend who could never say a bad word about anyone other than Amber. "You two are always go at each other," I reply. "I know! It doesn't make any sense but I know I have feelings for him. I see him in some of my classes but he never talks to me. He has his own clique and I think I miss him," Amber replies.

I sigh and ask, "Amber what are you going to do about it?" "I don't know! Maybe I should just tell him but what if he laughs in my face," Amber replies. "You know Drake wouldn't do that. He wouldn't even do that to you," I reply. That was me being nice because Amber and Drake used to really get under each other's skin.

"He's still a guy Haylynn! I just don't want to get hurt like that," Amber said. "Amber you still have to take the chance. You'll regret it if you don't," I reply. We don't talk to each other for a few moments and I can tell that Amber's close to tears. "Oh Amber I didn't mean to make you upset. It's just that sometimes you have to take chances," I reply. "Says my friend who didn't tell anyone she was marrying the school's bad boy," Amber exclaimed.

I winced and said, "The school would've talked me out of it and you know it's true." "Yeah but you could've told me! Maybe the school should've talked you out of it! Where is your fiancée now anyway," Amber asked. I took a deep breath and said, "He's out of town." "Well isn't that just great! Open your eyes Haylynn. We're both too young and guys are nothing but trouble. It's better to just live without them because while Drew is ding God knows what, you're here listening to my problems that I don't even want," Amber exclaimed.

We sat in silence because I couldn't say anything. I can't tell Amber how I know Drew would never cheat on me because I can barley tell myself that. In my heart I know that Drew loves me but my female instincts tell me not to trust him. He's too far away and I don't know what he's doing. He could be surrounded by countless girls but I still can't picture it. I know the real Drew.