Ch. 11 How I fell for him. Literally.

Haylynn's POV

"What happens if Hailey's grandma doesn't give her blessing," I asked as we walked towards her house. We decided to go to Ms. Fireglaze's house before his mom was supposed to arrive. Well more like I decided. "Well that means you would have to leave. Of course since we're mates I would have to leave too but she'll approve," Drew said. Great. We walked up some steps and Hailey opened the door. "Hey big sis," she said and gave me a hug. I bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Hello. Do you know if Hailey's here," I asked. She giggled and said, "I'm Hailey." I pretended to be shocked. "Noo," I said. "Yess." "Nooo!" "Yess," she said and I tickled her. She started to giggle and so did I. When I stopped I said, "I don't remember Hailey being this tall." "I grew! I'm gonna be tall just like you," she said. I smiled and picked her up. She's surprisingly light for a kid.

"Hailey your grandma's still here right," Drew asked. Hailey nodded and turned her attention back to me. We walked into the house and it was quiet as usual. "Did you get me a birthday present," she asked. A present? Oh shit! I looked at Drew and he looked away. How could he forget?! "Of course! It's a surprise," I said. She smiled and jumped out of my arms. She stood in front of some doors and said, "She's in here. I'll see you later Sis." She ran down the hall and went god knows where. I grabbed Drew's hand and looked at him. He gave me a reassuring smile and we walked in.

"I've been waiting for you," an old lady said. She had on a blue dress with white slippers on. She was sitting in a rocking chair and crouching. I looked around the room and it looked like something you would see in the Tudor era. The walls were cream and the whole room gave off a cozy vibe. We sat down on two antique chairs and waited for her to say something.

"So deary tell me your name," she said. "I'm Haylynn. Haylynn Dylani," I said and gave a light smile. She finally looked up and I noticed that she had blue eyes like Hailey. Her hair was long and silver. She just looked so important. "Well hello Haylynn. You're Drew's mate am I correct," she asked. "Yes ma'am." She nodded and said, "I'm Emma Fireglaze the oldest member of the Mahina pack. I'm also little Hailey's grandmother. She just simply adores you," she said. She grabbed a jar filled with cards and held it out to me. Her blue eyes never left mine.

"Drew I need you to leave the room," Ms. Fireqlaze said. He looked at me questioningly but got up. He bent down to kiss my forehead and left. I gave my full attention to Ms. Fireglaze. "You my darling are very valuable," she said. I am? "Thank you," I said and she smiled. "I wonder how special. Please pull three cards," she said. I looked at the bowl and the cards were faced down. "Any three," I asked. She nodded and I put my hand in. I went towards the bottom and pulled four. I dropped the card at the top and held three. "Is that your final decision," she asked. I nodded and she took the cards from me.

Without looking at the cards she asked, "What would you give for Drew's life?" Without hesitating I said, "My life." She studied me and I felt like she was taking in my every detail. I was doing the same to her and noticed that she looked flawless. The only signs of her age were her hair color, lines by her mouth, and two wrinkles above her forehead. You really had to be looking at her to notice them.

"How much do you love him," she asked. I thought about it. How much? How much can a person love someone? I knew this was an important question so I really had to think about how to word it. "I-I love him every time I see him. I love him even when he's gone. I'd give him the world for him to know how much I love him. I love him so much that I would sacrifice everything for him," I said. She smiled and said, "That's exactly what I said about my husband." She looked like she was going to cry but wiped her eyes.

"How about we look at the cards," she asked. I nodded and she put them face down on a table next to her rocking chair. One card held a crown over a black rose. The other was a picture of a man in a tux and a woman in a dress standing in a field. The last one showed a girl bowing down in red water but behind the girl was another girl looking down wearing a crown. What do they mean? She looked at the cards confused and then looked back at me. "What do you know about Vampires," she asked. Well that's straight forward. "Like...in books," I asked. She shook her head no. "Do you know any personally?" Me? I guess my father's about as heartless as a vampire but he's never sucked my blood or anything. "No. Should I," I asked. She just stared at the cards.