Ch. 7-Two Cherries

Hi guys! A fan of mine, Bitemeimdelicious, left a little message on my message board. It was a song that she felt described Drew and Haylynn's relationship. I agreed and just had to put it on the side. Let me know what you think!

****************************

Haylynn's POV

Hailey stayed up all night and when the sun was up for about two hours, I finally convinced her to sleep.  I was feeling tired myself since I hadn't recharged but Hailey wouldn't understand that. I wouldn't let her understand that until she becomes one of us. I kissed Hailey's forehead as she slept in my bed and walked out of the room.

I decided to get all of my obligations out of the way before the sun set. Trey said that the outside world buzzed around a vampire's skin. I trusted Trey with my life so curiosity was the only feeling nagging me. I hoped I wouldn't bring unwanted attention to myself. I walked into my throne room and saw vampires cheering.

"Why the celebration," I asked. "My queen we have collected five hundred vampires as you wished and a dozen more are expected," a man said. "Indeed that is good news but other areas are still slacking. I want to thank you for all your hard work so far and I hope we can continue," I said.

I saw a few disappointed faces but everyone went back to work. I was sorry to disappoint them but this was a time of war. If every step could cause a celebration, who would care enough to jump? I sat on my throne and approved various things. I observed most and saw vampires wearing strange clothes.

Most of the women's dresses were short and revealed a lot of cleavage. Their shoes had ridiculous heel sizes and the hair was flat. I touched my hair and it was starting to bend with waves. Is this how humans dress now? I shuddered at the thought but didn't want to embarrass Trey. I would try to get a maid to help me.

After another three hours of work in the throne room I excused myself to go to my library. When I walked in a few vampires from my council were running back and forth. I didn't have a problem with that because it meant they were working. I walked toward the back and picked up a book on werewolves.

I sat down in a chair closest to a window and started to read. Werewolves were creatures that shifted from a human-like form to a wolf-like form on the full moon. On days between full moons the werewolves remain in human forms. The only time a werewolf my transform into a wolf is when in extreme danger and when his or her mate is in danger.

Mating was not complete until the couple had intercourse and would then impregnate the female. A few interspecies mating experiences have happened over the years but they were very rare. According to the book the percent of werewolves mating with humans was increasing. A werewolf with a human is a funny theory and I doubt those relationships last.

I laughed silently as I continued to read. When a werewolf dies the werewolves believe to go to an ancestral land where his mate, no matter the species after completing the imprint process, will also be accepted. If one mate dies it is believed that the remaining mate dies from a broken heart in no less than twelve years.

Werewolves live in packs and all packs have a basic alpha and beta. Some werewolves have gifts like extra sight and telepathy. I remember blessing my first creation so maybe these gifts weakened over the year. A werewolf would protect his or her mate without hesitation even if it costs his or her life.