Ch. 15 How I fell for him. Literally...

Haylynn's POV

Machines. That's all I hear. That and my voice being called. I try to open my eyes and see faces surround me. I try and sit up but end up coughing. Someone pushes me back and says, "Haylynn please rest." I nodded and study her face carefully. I know her. She has a fair face and long blonde hair with a pink headband. I know her...

"Haylynn it's me Lisa. Elisabeth. Do you remember me," she askes. I smile and say, "Yes. I burned your kitchen. I'm so sorry about that." She smiled and a tear fell. "It's ok. What I need you to do is tell me what happened." I turned my head and saw the room filled with people. Who are they? A little girl ran up to me and squeezed my hand. "Sis are you ok," she asked. "I'm fine...you're my sister Hailey right," I asked. The girl nodded and I smiled.

So this is my family? Strange. A doctor walked towards me and asked, "What's your name?" "Aren't you the doctor," I asked. Hailey giggled and the doctor cleared his throat. "Please just tell me your name. It's just procedure," he said. I closed my eyes and said, "Haylynn...Haylyn..." What's my last name? "That's right. Haylynn Dylani. Can you remember what happened? It might be difficult because we had to do some surgery on your brain," he said.

I snapped to attention. "Surgery! Don't you need a parent's consent," I asked. "Do you know who your parents are," the doctor asked. I sat back and stared at him. My parents? Surly I have them. I didn't just drop from the sky. I looked up at Lisa and she was crying harder. "I-I don't know," I replied. The doctor just nodded and said, "Well Lisa and Hunter made the decision since you were living with them." I nodded. "We need to know what happened. Now," the man holding Lisa said. I looked over at him and asked, "Who are you?" He growled and it clicked. "Oh. You're Hunter. They guy with the growling problem. Someone else I know has that same problem. Maybe you should get some water," I said. He looked at me shocked but then said, "I need to know what happened."

I closed my eyes trying to think. "I was...in a room...but it wasn't mine. Someone was there. I don't...I don't know who. Then I woke up to see Hailey's face. That's all I can remember," I said. The doctor nodded and asked, "Was there any abuse?" "No...I don't know. I don't think so...Maybe...but no," I said. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy. I know that I didn't give a definite answer but how could I? "I'm sorry but I just don't remember anything. I barley remember the people in this room," I said.

"She's going to need some time to recover. Everything should be back to normal in a few days at most. If she isn't better in a week bring her back in. She should be ready to go in the morning," the doctor said and walked out. A boy came to my side and said, "Beta Haylynn don't worry. You'll get better." I smiled but then was confused. "Beta? Like the club," I asked. He was confused but then Lisa interrupted.

"Didn't you just hear what the doctor said. She doesn't remember. Just go back home with Abby and Hailey. Hunter you go to. I'll stay here," Abby said. "I want to stay with Sissy," Hailey said. "Please be a good girl. I'll get better faster," I said. Hailey smiled and said, "Really?!" I shook my head and she hugged me. It took Abby and Nick to pry her off of me. When they left, Hunter gave a final glance to me. When he left I turned to face Lisa. She looked worried.

"A-are you my mother," I asked. She smiled slightly and said, "I'm more like your big sister." I nodded and asked, "Well what about my parents? I can't remember them." Her face turned sorrowful and she said, "I don't know about your parents. You never told me about them. Except that you said your mother couldn't cook." "Oh yeah. That led us to the kitchen incident." "Just forget about that for now. What does the name Drew mean to you," she asked.

I thought about it and shook my head. "It doesn't ring any bells. Should I know him," I asked. "A little. He was a very important person in your life," she said. I thought about it harder and the word dog came to mind. "Oh! Did I have a puppy," I asked. Lisa tilted her head and opened her mouth slightly. She fixed herself and said, "No. Never mind about Drew. What about school?" "School...that's really important. School is the key to everything. But...what's the door?" "Love. Love is the ultimate door. Does that ring any bells," she asked.