Ch. 8 Flight Affairs

Even after everything I've done yall think I'm going to save Haylynn? My fans sure are...unique. Let's see what happens now!!!

***********

Drew's POV

"Don't let me go," Haylynn exclaimed. I looked at Angelrini and said through the bond, "Hurry up!" Angelrini was struggling and I can't blame her. The Rangin's don't train their females the way they train their males. The vine started to snap and I looked at Haylynn.

Haylynn kept looking between me and the vine. "Don't you dare let me go," I exclaimed. If Haylynn lets go, I'll lose her forever. I won't let that hapen."Watch out," Angelrini said through the bond and I looked back just in time. A strong wave separated Haylynn from me. "Drew," Haylynn exclaimed but I grabbed her wrist causing me to let go of the rope.

I brought Haylynn closer to me and grabbed on another rock. We were dangerously close to the edge but closer to the shore. "Hurry up," I said to Angelrini through the bond and Angelrini threw the line out. I grabbed it and looked back at Haylynn. "Hold on," I said to Haylynn. When Haylynn's grip tightened I turned to face Angelrini.

"Give the hardest tug possible on the count of three," I said through the bond. "Stop it," Haylynn said. I looked back and Haylynn was talking to herself. Maybe she's panicking and Amy's talking to her. I turned back to Angelrini and started to count. One. "You're wrong," Haylynn exclaimed. Two. "Just stop," Haylynn exclaimed. "Three," I exclaimed and Angelrini tugged.

It was just enough for me to skim the surface. I pulled Haylynn up and looked at Angelrini. Angelrini was breathing hard and her cheeks were flushed. "Thanks," I said and she nodded. I looked at Haylynn and she was staring out at the river.

Haylynn's POV

Drew saved me? "Hold on," Drew said while we were in the river. What if we die here? "I could save you love," someone said and I recognized the voice. Trey appeared in front of me and smirked. "Just let go of your toy. I'll save you," Trey said. Trey walked closer to me and caressed my cheek. "Stop it," I said.

"I think you like it. Your boy toy doesn't even care about you. I care my love," Trey said. "You're wrong," I exclaimed. I'm tired of Trey's mind games. My heart belongs to Drew and Drew alone. "I'm not. Do you see your boy toy and his new pet," Trey asked. I looked at Drew and Angelrini.

Angelrini's cheeks were bright red but she wasn't giving up. I still don't trust her. "Of course you don't trust her love. I wouldn't either. She's a mutt and mutts can talk to each other threw a mind bond. It's very complex for a mutt. He hasn't told you about that, has he? I'd share everything with you my love. They'll leave you for each other. Your boy toy will slowly but surely lean toward his own kind," Trey said.

"Just stop," I exclaimed. Trey didn't say anything because Angelrini tugged hard on the vine. Drew dragged me up the shore but all I could do was stare at Trey. "Why won't you come with me," Trey asked. "I don't love you," I said and looked over at Drew. He was talking to Angelrini. "This is just the beginning of their love," Trey said.

"Haylynn what's wrong," Drew asked. I looked at Drew and back at Trey. Trey glared at Drew and said, "If you stay with them, you'll die." "I'm not leaving them," I said. "Why would you leave us," Angelrini asked and I ignored her. Trey smirked and said, "I know your heart my love. You'll come to me. For now you need to leave. Go the exact way you came. I'll make sure you're safe."

"What about Drew," I asked. Trey smirked and said, "You'll be safe. I promise I won't kill him yet." Trey disappeared and I suddenly felt weaker. What is Trey doing to me? I tried to stand up but stumbled. Drew was at my side and I let him help me. When I was on my feet I noticed that Angelrini was staring at us. "Are we ready to depart," Angelrini asked. "Yes," Drew said but I grabbed his arm. "Which way did we come? When we swam to the island," I asked Drew but Angelrini answered. "That way," Angelrini said pointing to her right which was my left. It led to the jungle.