Ch. 6-Pool

I'm glad that so many people like this story and leave long comments! It means I'm doing something right. Well without further delay here it is!

*********************

Haylynn's POV

I ran down the hall and opened Hailey's room fearing the worse. Hailey was hugging Glen's neck and bouncing up and down. "What is going on here," I asked. "Glen just said that I can be a princess," Hailey said with a bright smile. I sighed and sat on the bed. "You scarred me Hailey," I said. "We're sorry my queen," Glen said and Hailey giggled.

"You called her queen. You have to be my prince and dance with me at balls like Cinderella," Hailey said and I shot a warning look at Glen. I didn't want Hailey to be intimidated by me being queen. Hailey continued to talk to Glen while I thought about how familiar this all seemed.

I looked at my ring that was shining dimly and tried to concentrate. I feel so close to something but at the same time so far away. "Haylynn when can I go outside? I want to catch butterflies," Hailey said. "We can't because the sun's up," I said and instantly regretted it. "That's never stopped us before," Hailey pouted.

I needed to say something before she gave my statement to much thought. "Glen has sensitive skin and can only be outside at night," I lied and she looked at Glen. "Really," Hailey asked. "Sorry I didn't tell you. I'm getting better though," Glen said with a smile. I stood up and said, "Hailey we can walk around the palace if you want."

"Can Glen come too," she asked and grabbed my hand. "Of course," I said and the three of us walked out of Hailey's room. Hailey talked non-stop about things from butterflies to cookies to television. I just enjoyed her presence and showed her a few rooms like my library, throne room, and inside tennis court. "Can I go swimming," she asked. "How do you know I have a pool," I asked.

"My castle can't be complete without one Haylynn," she said. I smiled because she already sounded like a queen. "Alright. Imagine a pool as big as the ocean and it shall appear," I said. Hailey closed her eyes and I navigated through the castle. I told her to keep her eyes closed until I reached two huge double doors.

"Open them Princess Hailey," I said and Glen opened the doors to reveal my huge swimming pool. Hailey shrieked and ran to the edge. "Be careful," I warned and called for a maid. The three of us quickly changed into swim suits and Glen went in first. "Is it cold," Hailey asked and Glen nodded while shivering.

"Heat please," I said and when the room was warm enough Hailey went in. "Are you coming," Hailey asked. I needed to think of battle plans so I shook my head no. "I will soon though. Just have fun and don't drown," I warned. I walked to a stretch out chair and watched Hailey and Glen play.

Even though Glen has the appearance of a six year old, he has been around a hundred years after I created Trey. I'm still not sure why he ages so incredibly slow. I looked down at my black and yellow two piece skirt swimsuit. The top was a cute halter and my black swim cap had a yellow bow. Hailey insisted I wear this one.

I sighed and closed my eyes. If I had two hundred men inside and around the palace, that would leave three hundred to attack in various places in the surrounding areas. Would that be enough protection? If my home falls, the vampires would slowly fall. Could I really take that chance?

Should I just eliminate all the werewolves? I created them for this purpose. I created werewolves so that vampires wouldn't become over confident. The vampires should have known better than to team up with the werewolves. I sigh in frustration and someone covers my eyes. I scream and grab the person's arm. I flip the person over and this makes the person's hands be removed from my face.