Ch. 11-The Queen

What's up my fabulous fans! I'm watching a crazy lifetime movie and it got me thinking. If your rich husband is about to divorce you and you don't have a well paying job, what would you do? Would you kill him, beat him, scream, cry, or do nothing at all? Or would you do some combo?

 ***********************************

Haylynn's POV

 "It's been a while Drew. You didn't keep in touch. I started to worry," Phoebe said. Worry about what? Phoebe looked my way and smiled. "Who are you," Phoebe asked. "I'm Haylynn. Nice to meet you Phoebe," I said with a smile. "Please sit everyone," George said. "Sit next to me Drew. That way you're across from your father," Phoebe said a little too excited.

What's going on here? Drew pushed out my chair and pushed it in when I sat.  Drew sat down and so did Phoebe. When everyone was seated Mr. Brentwood started the conversation. "Phoebe what have you been up to," Mr. Brentwood asked. "I've been in England visiting my relatives and discussing ideas with old school mates. I invested in a few projects and at the rate things are going,  everything should run smoothly," Phoebe said.

"That's very impressive. You're still only 21 correct," Mr. Brentwood. "That's right," Phoebe said and I looked over at mom. Mom had a plain expression on her face but something was obviously off. "What have you been doing Drew darling," Phoebe asked. Darling? I looked at Drew and his face remained neutral. I have to get better at hiding my emotions.

"I've been doing little things here and there. How about we get down to business," Drew said. A waiter came and brought salads. I tried to stay invisible because I really wanted to listen. "That's what I like about you Drew. You're a straight to the point man," George said. I wonder what George's motive is.

"The problem is that a few vampires are starting to cross the werewolf boarders," Bert said. "What do you mean? They've protected us since the great war," Mom said. "That's why it's so confusing. In any case we need to solve the problem quickly," George said. "No one's been hurt right dad," Phoebe asked. "Actually four year old Trevor Delingo was found last night with two holes in the side of his neck and completely blood drained," George said.

"The Patterson's daughter Amelia has been missing since last night. All we know is that her window was open," Bert said. "Those two families live closest to the western boarders," Mr. Brentwood said.  "So what does this mean," Drew said and silence filled the table. Everyone looked around and I sipped my water. "We were hoping you could tell us," Mr. Brentwood said breaking the silence.

They want Drew to tell them what's going on and we've only been here for about three days? "Based on what you're telling me, the defenses are just getting weak. Isn't there a way to recharge them," Drew asked. "The defenses are connected with the nature fairies and sprits. Unless there's some type of exchange, there's nothing we can do," Bert said. "Is there something they want," Mr. Brentwood asked.

"Some messenger of nature. We haven't been able to figure it out. The fairies like to speak in codes," George said. "So what should we do," Phoebe asked and looked at Drew. Phoebe placed her hand on Drew's shoulder and said, "I'm sure you have an idea." Whoa! Its one thing to call my fiancée darling but to touch my property is another. This is why the world has so much violence. "When did this start," Drew asked. "About three days ago," Bert said.

Three days ago? That's when Drew and I got here. Maybe the vampires are after us? Didn't Elise say the queen wanted me? I hope my mind is just roaming and I'm not right. What if I am?