Ch. 5 Lasagna

Drew’s POV

I decided to walk around the city a little more. Jerome Luchinetti was the vampire I had to meet. I never heard of him but I decided to head to a club vampires like to claim their victims. I walked in and the smell of alcohol hit me instantly.

I walked to the bar and ordered a scotch.  I wasn’t drinking it but I had to play the part. A girl walked up to me and took a seat. “Hello,” she whispered and turned to face me. I noticed her blue eyes or rather her blue contacts. She smelled like a newborn.

“Hello. Who’s your maker,” I asked. “That guy,” she said and pointed to a man in the corner surrounded by girls human and vampire. I looked back at the girl and she looked like she was ready to cry. “What’s wrong? He doesn’t treat you right,” I asked. She shook her head no and took a sip of her drink. “He picked me up because he said I could make good money for him,” she said. The girl did have the classic curvy figure and a cute face but she was no Haylynn.

“What’s his name,” I asked. “Jerome. His last name sounds like lunchmeat,” the girl said. She sniffed the air and faced me. “You smell like wet dog,” she said. “I’m a vet,” I said simply and she nodded. “I used to like animals until I sold my dog for extra cash,” she said. Why was this girl still talking to me?

“How much,” I asked keeping my eye on Jerome. He was a bald man with a brown mustache and thick muscles for a vampire. “Two hundred. I was a stripper at the club three blocks from here. Ever been to the Two Cherries,” she asked. “No,” I said simply and looked at the girl.

Maybe I could get more out of her.  “Listen I have a favor to ask,” I said and she stood up. “I got it,” she said and grabbed my hand. I let her lead me to the back and she started to kiss me. I felt her up and she moaned. She was definitely a newborn because the human blood was making her forget her better judgment.

I pushed her against the wall and was careful not to let her get close to my neck. “Don’t you want to take me back to your place,” she asked. “Actually I need to ask you something,” I said. “Anything,” she purred and rubbed my chest. “I need you to tell me about your makers rep,” I said and I saw the confusion wash over her.

I held her wrists above her head and she bared her fangs at me. “I knew you smelled funny,” she said. “If you answer me, I won’t kill you,” I said and growled. She stared into my eyes and sighed. “Fine. He’s hot stuff ok? He paid for a private show with me and changed me,” she said. “Where can I get him alone,” I asked. “You want to kill him,” she asked with innocent eyes.

“No. He just owes me a favor,” I lied. “Well in about an hour he’s leaving but he usually has two girls with them,” she said. “Are you going to tell him I was here,” I asked. “Hell no. In fact can you kill him for me? He killed my parents but I just can’t kill him. Stupid master and servant rules,” she mumbled and I let her go.

“Thanks and tell him that Vicky said to rot in hell,” she said and ran down the street. I walked back in the club and blended in as much as possible. I tried to keep my distance away from Jerome in case he would pick up on my scent but the room was so sweaty that I doubt he could smell himself.

Finally I saw him get up and leave. I waited until he walked out of the club to leave some cash by the bar. I walked out of the bar and saw Jerome turning the corner. I decided to follow him but heard someone scream. “Hush,” Jerome said with a deep voice and I heard slurping. I waited until I heard a body drop to turn the corner.

Jerome looked back with blood smeared all over his face and I raised an eyebrow. “Need a napkin,” I asked and he licked his fingers. “What do you want? Finally found my name I see,” Jerome said. “Yeah and I want to know who the new queen is,” I said. “New queen? You mean the true queen. The other was just a fill in for our true queen,” Jerome said.