Ch. 14 How I fell for him. Literally...

"I had a really good time tonight," I told Drew and kissed his cheek. He growled and pulled me closer. "I deserve more than that don't you think," he asked. I giggled and he kissed me. It was deep and hard and full of passion. Nothing like Trey's. Trey.

I pulled back and looked down. Why does he keep popping up in my mind? Drew grolled again and I looked up. "Is something bothering you," he asked. "N-no. Of course not. Why would you think that?" "You've just been...distant," he said. I took a few steps back and looked in his eye. If I tell him, maybe he can help but something stops me. I can never put him at risk. I'll kill myself before I risk his life in any way. I looked down and whispered, "I'm sorry. A lot's been on my mind."

He walked closer to me and wrapped his hands around my waist. "Well talk to me," he said. I started to open my mouth but my stomach growled. Oh thank god! "Can we get something to eat," I asked. He grinned and said, "Of course." I smiled back and we walked down the street arm in arm.

People stared at us and they had every right to be. We're a hot couple. I just wonder how long we'll stay that way. I want Drew to love me and I hope that he'll stick by me. I can't ask that from him though. Maybe he would be better without me. I looked up and he was staring at me. "Is something wrong," I asked. "Nothing really," he said and looked away. Crap! I pulled myself closer to him and put my head against his arm. I don't want to lose Drew. Am I being selfish? Is it so wrong that I want to hold on to the one thing I have in my life? He's what I live for.

We walked into the restaurant and Drew got another special table. I know he said he had connections but isn't this a bit much? We were upstairs in a private part of the restaurant. There were only four tables up here so I guess only the best of the best could be up here. "Drew how many connections do you have," I asked and he grinned. "Enough to last a lifetime," he said and pulled out my chair. I smiled and sat down.

"Do I even need to look," I asked. Drew leaned in closer and said, "You can do more than just look." I blushed and picked up the menu. "I meant the menu," I said and he laughed. "Ruin all my fun," he said. I looked at the menu and it was in Italian. I put the menu down and looked at him. "What are you getting," I asked. "Lasagna. It's the best with French bread and their house wine." "Oh? Well I'll have that too," I said. The waiter came and took our orders and returned with the food.

It smells like garlic. I started to eat and watched Drew carefully. He wants to examine me so I'll do the same. Drew chews in a very precise way. It's more like a strategy than eating. His jaws are perfect and his lips are so tempting. They're just begging to be kissed. To be kissed only by me.

I looked down at my plate and we ate in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence but it wasn't very comfortable either. Drew paid for the meal and we left. "Better," Drew asked. I nodded as we walked around town. I looked up at him and knew what I had to do. I need to tell him. I don't want him to die but I can't keep leading him on. I have to tell him because I love him.

Drew's POV

"D-drew...I need to tell you something," Haylynn said. I looked down and took her hand. Finally she's ready to talk. I was nervous at dinner thinking that something was wrong with me. If she would just talk to me, I could fix the problem. "Tell me then," I said. Haylynn looked torn and balled up her fists slightly. It's something I noticed she does when she's upset or confused.

"I-I...Drew...someone's been...with me," she said. I looked at her and blinked. "Ok...Am I missing something," I asked. She stopped and faced me. "W-what I'm trying to say is...," she trailed off. I saw a tear fall down her cheek. I wiped it away and pulled her into a hug. "Haylynn it's ok. Just tell me. I won't get mad," I said. "Promise?" "I promise," I said and kissed her lips lightly. She wanted more and I let her take more. She was so aggressive. It was almost like she was kissing for her life.