54. A crazy fool.

In front of the store, Jared stood with his phone pressed to his ear. The car drove up with BJ behind the wheel, but of Rasheed lacked any trace. Asking, Tyler turned to Jared who looked at him grimly.
"Bahir Mahfouz is here in Paris." Black eyes pinched together. "Looking for you."
 Frowning, Tyler looked at him thinkingly. "He's probably searching for a good salon for his full body-wax" he joked.
"Tyler. This is serious."
"Where's Rasheed? And come to think of it, where's Nathan?" he inquired. "Nathan is with Fleur and Rasheed has returned to the hotel to accommodate Bahir."

Tyler picked up his phone and dialed Tarek's number. He got in touch in the car. "Tarek? Bahir is in Paris. Apparently looking for me."
"Shit!" cried Tarek loudly. "That bastard messes up everything. He's been kicking up a huge storm since you left."
"Damnit," Tyler said exasperated. "What does Gaith Mahfouz say?"
"He's sticking his head in the sand."
Tyler frowned upon this information. "To what extent does this change the situation?" he asked grimly.
Jared listened sharply. "So far, this is not a factor. If Bahir causes you physical harm, it's different. It's quite possible that he came all this way to get his revenge, so be careful."
"Thank you, Tarek. That was enlightening," Tyler said, ending the conversation.

"So Bahir Mahfouz sought you out," Jared said. "What do you think he's here to do?"
Tyler snorted.
"Does this jeopardize the deal?" asked Jared earnestly.
Tyler frowned. "Right now I have no reason to believe that this is about more than a hurt ego, but we will see," he replied briefly.
Tyler looked at Jared seriously. "I don't want you around when I see him," he said with a sharp edge in his voice.
BJ's hands visibly tightened around the steering wheel. "No way!", he said crudely.
Jared's eyes flew from Tyler to BJ and back.
"Isn't that what he came here for?" said Tyler.
"I'm not going to let you confront him," BJ said angrily.
"Ditto," Jared said.
"That's not up to you," Tyler said stubbornly. He grabbed his phone and called Nathan.
"Absolutely not!" he roared loudly. "A man like Bahir has enjoyed years of training and other than that I don't think he'll play fair."
He said something to Fleur that Tyler couldn't understand. "I'm on my way. Don't do anything until I get there." Abruptly, the connection was disconnected.

Both BJ and Jared recognized the growing unrest in Tyler.
"I can't let you go," BJ said sternly. "Not now."
"You know him well," Jared said frowning.
"He was upfront with me when we met yesterday," BJ said.
"Of course he was," Jared muttered. "Are you a man who can keep things to himself, BJ?"
"It's part of the job," BJ said earnestly.
"Darken the windows," Jared said.
BJ pressed a button.
Jared pulled Tyler down at the hips so he could lie on his back. Slowly, he leaned towards Tyler, who took him in with big eyes. "What are you doing?" he asked gasping. His eyes flashed to BJ's chair.
"I'm offering you a distraction," Jared said casually.
His hands slipped under Tyler's shirt and played with his nipples. Tyler pressed two hands against his mouth to muffle the excited cries.
Jared's nails pulled traces across his back, abdomen, flanks and set him on fire.

Helplessly at the mercy of the man who knew his body better than anyone, Tyler lay shivering with desire in the back seat of the car. All the other thoughts were gone. Far too soon he heard the words: "We're almost there."
Jared sat up and pulled him along. His hands pulled Tyler's shirt down and Tyler himself frantically tried to fix his disheveled hair. He also feared that his face was as red as it felt. With effort, he regulated his breathing and heart rate to calm down. He was satisfied with the result, because everything looked like it should be when they arrived at the hotel.

Tyler got out after Jared left the car and BJ scanned the lobby. Jared's tantalizing caresses had a side effect on his emotional state. The fighting spirit had left him. More than simply confronting the man, his interest behind Bahir's sudden appearance was aroused. He should get his information from the source. Determined, he walked to the counter.
"Did a Mr. Mahfouz inquire about Tyler Reed?" he asked the desk clerk, who nervously looked at the two menacing-looking men behind Tyler.
"Yes," he nodded. "Mr. Mahfouz waits in the Serenity Lounge.
"Is he alone or with company?" asked BJ.
Skillfully, his fingers tapped across the keyboard. "He just checked in and I haven't seen any people with him," the man said helpfully.
Rasheed joined them. "I've struggled to get him to wait for you, Tyler. He insists he speaks to you alone."
"Has the room been checked?" asked BJ.
Rasheed nodded.
"Has the man been searched?"
Rasheed looked shocked. "No, of course not."
BJ looked closely at Tyler. "I want to search him first, or I won't let you go," he said sternly and inexorably.
Jared growled in agreement.