24. Surrender.

The fleeting touch of Dylan's mouth was purified from his system by Jared's subtle kiss. "Come with me," he said to Tyler, grabbing his hand. Together they walked to Jared's cottage. Roughly, he was pushed in. The door closed behind Jared turning the key. "Light some candles."

Sulking, Tyler took a box of matches. He looked around the sparsely furnished room. Just like in his own cottage there were candles in the wall. In the light he could make out a narrow sofa that also served as a bed, with a coffee table on a rattan rug. Against the wall stood a small square table with two chairs and a chest of drawers.

Jared walked to the radio that was on the table. "Rico? With Jared," he said briefly. "I found Tyler. I'll keep him here with me. Check if Dylan is in his cottage." "Okay," Tyler heard through the radio. "Keep your door locked and your windows closed."
"Okay," Jared confirmed. "Over and close."

During this confusing conversation for Tyler, Jared hadn't taken his eyes away from him. "You picked the perfect night for your date. Didn't you notice how busy it was in the bar?"
Tyler ignored the cutting mock shrugging his shoulders.
"Our people came back early with stories about Coyotes and that there was a big pack on the way here. The farmers were there to gather a hunting group. Now being out alone and without light equals suicide," he said sternly.

"Didn't Dylan know this?" responded Tyler, startled.
"Under normal circumstances I would say yes," Jared said. "But you distracted him, putting your safety and his own in serious danger."
"But why do I have to stay here?" protested Tyler. "Can't you or anyone else take me to my cottage?"
"An hour ago I might have risked it, but now it's too dangerous. Most likely the hunt has already begun."
"I'll take this flashlight," he said, snatching a lamp from the chest of drawers. "I'll be fine." He walked to the door where Jared forcefully stopped him.
"Idiot! Of course I'm not going to let you go. Didn't you hear what I said? It's life-threatening outside."

Jared pulled the flashlight out of his hands.
"That's my risk to take," Tyler said angrily. He fought to get it back.
"Would you like to go back to your boyfriend so bad?" Jared grunted as he got to the ground. Struggling, they rolled across the floor.
"I would have preferred to go with him than be here with you," Tyler said viciously.

Jared pinned his hands next to his head and restrained him between his thighs. "It seems you've forgotten what we discussed a few weeks ago, Tyler," he said, looking right into his eyes.
"I haven't forgotten anything," Tyler snapped at him. "Why do you think I'm so keen to get away from you?"
"Say it!" demanded Jared with his head hanging right above Tyler's.
"No," he stubbornly refused trying to throw Jared.
"Say it!" His lips were teasingly all over Tyler's upper lip. He smelled Jared's spiced breath. The position of Jared's hips changed and he put light pressure. A moan escaped his lips.

"You know as well as I do," Jared said slowly spinning with his buttocks. His black eyes slid over Tyler's face that responded to his movements. "Your body remembers my touch and the pleasure I've given you," he said whispering in Tyler's ear.
"You're mean," said Tyler, who bent his neck so that Jared's lips had better access.

Jared smiled superiorly hanging just an inch above Tyler's mouth. His tongue slid seductively past Tyler's lips. In response, he came up a little bit and Jared withdrew. The agonizing featherlight enticements of Jared who immediately withdrew as he responded served their purpose. Tyler couldn't hold it anymore. "I'm yours!" he moaned, defeated.
"Yes you are," Jared growled, and he rewarded Tyler with a passionate kiss.

Now that the passion was ignited, the need to keep Tyler pinned to the ground disappeared. His hands were freed and immediately they flew over Jared's back. The moment Tyler pulled him close to him, Jared broke free from his embrace. Desperation shot through him. The vulnerability was clearly readable in his eyes when Jared stood up and pulled him along. Black eyes full of promises slipped greedily past his blushing face.