51. "He's my kryptonite."

Tyler took her rough by the arm and looked for a suitable place. Of course Jared was ahead of him.
"Come here!" he was ordered in a sharp voice.
The smoking room was filled with the smell of Jared's spicy cigarette. Looks like this was his second because the previous one was still mildly smoking in the ashtray.
Nathan leaned nonchalantly against the back wall. BJ, who had followed Tyler silently, took a seat at another angle against the wall. Fleur was pushed in and sat down. Rasheed stood nervously watching as Tyler closed the door behind him. Forced to stay he took a seat while looking very unhappy.

The protagonists stood together, separated by a coffee table, looking at each other angrily.
"Your lovely fiancée wanted to be present. She would like to experience firsthand how her husband-to-be is speaking to the man who, despite claiming to be in love with him, has thrown him in front of the lions," Tyler said bitterly.
He ignored the eyebrows that went up in amazement at his public confession and turned to Fleur who took him in with big eyes. Then they flashed at Jared, who stared at them both with extraordinary anger.
"You have the fucking guts to take away my inheritance, my blood right and make it a part of this soap opera?" he roared.
Tyler cringed slightly at the pain and anger in Jared's voice. However, he did not allow himself to be distracted by his feelings.
"This soap opera was already running for a long time before I stepped in," he countered immediately. "Only there was no one to intervene in your idiotic dealings with each other," Tyler threw at him.

"Don't stray," Jared warned him. He raised his finger and made a menacing move. "You owe me an explanation. Why did you abuse your position to take away my title?"
None of the muscle bundles moved against the wall.
"Are you sure you want to do this here?"
Tyler knew his words couldn't undo anything. The hatred he had aroused in his lover was as palpable as the desperation he felt knowing that this would probably be the last time Jared spoke to him.
He was delaying the inevitable and was very much judged on it.
"Tyler!" growled Jared.

Everyone fell away when Tyler took a deep breath and turned his gaze on Jared.
"I know how proud you are of what you share with your father and how much the continuation of his legacy means to you. But I also know how hard that obligation fell on him and how much you would have to sacrifice to step into that role."
Black eyes drilled into his.
"Your grandmother put me in a position to bring peace to your family. The union of bloodlines and the associated authority was a thorn in the side for many. The violence of recent years has increased dramatically and almost cost Sheikh Jabaar his life."

He sighed softly before continuing: "In the current climate, your firstborn child and heir to an empire would not be sure of his or her life. The only way to make peace possible was to revoke the royal title."
Pleading, he looked at Jared. "You once told me how hard you had to work for your independence. How hard it was to find the balance between the future your family had mapped out for you and the life that you built."
He bit away his tears. Defining Jared's loss reflected his own pain.
"From all that I've taken away from you, this is what remains. You are now in control of your own future."
He didn't wait for a reaction and yanked the door open and then ran off like a spear. BJ and Rasheed followed him on a sucker trot, leaving three people behind.

Tyler's head was spinning. Now the game was really played. Everything he could do for Jared was done. All the cards were on the table and he felt empty.
A known unrest seized him. The weakness that had felled him in Dubai was gone. He felt good and strong.
"BJ, I'd love to train with you," he said crossing the hospital hall.
BJ saw unrest and agitation in the eyes of his young pupil.
"Do you want to run to the hotel?" he proposed calmly. 
A slow smile slipped on Tyler's face. "What a great idea."
"Fine," BJ said. "Then we also had the warm-up."

Tyler enjoyed the casual exercise. BJ recorded him regularly.
"Soap?" he asked after about ten minutes.
Tyler stopped at a café. "Coffee?"
"Ok," BJ nodded.
"So you worked for Jared?" said BJ, after Tyler told his story, minus the most important parts. "Falling in love with your boss is not earth-shattering. Taking someone's prince's title is," BJ said soberly. "But thank you for the explanation. At least now I know what you're running away from."
"What kind of training do you give?" asked Tyler keen to change the subject.
"It depends on the customer. Mainly attack and defend one on one."
"Sounds good. I feel like getting started."
"Fine. I'll make a phone call so everything's ready when we arrive."
"Ah, shit. My phone!" he moaned defeated. "Fleur said Jared had my phone! In all the consternation, I forgot to ask it back." 
"They stay at our hotel," was BJ's brief response.
Tyler cursed. "Of course they are!"