20. Who am I?

On New Year's Eve Tyler went with Ben, Anita, David, Rosa and Lindsey to a party where he enjoyed himself. Still, he kept a close eye on his surroundings. He  had paid heavily for the life lesson in Paris. He wouldn't let the experience be for nothing. The drink and probably the necessary pills in the partygoers caused a small uproar. Although they were not directly involved, Lindsey and David were  in the path of the conflict. Apparently no words were spilled on reasoning and a fight broke out immediately.

Tyler was standing at some distance, but he was on the scene quickly. Wasting no time, he neutralized two assailants. The rest ran off quickly.
Surprised, David and Lindsey looked at the men lying on the ground. "Since when are you Bruce Lee?" his brother asked grateful but surprised.
"Just a simple self-defense course," he said, embracing Lindsey.

They all walked to the beach where a large fire burned. Under the presence of his family and many friends, they counted down to the New Year. With a minute to go, Lindsey bumped into him. "Are you sorry Jared's not here?"
It was the way she said it Tyler knew his secret had been discovered. "I'm glad my best friend is here with me." With a firm but friendly kiss, the new year was ushered in.

"Happy New Year", it sounded everywhere and there was a lot of kissing and cuddling. Whoever they came across, Tyler didn't let go of Lindsey's hand. She was his lifeline. Letting her go seemed impossible. When the finally got the chance, they looked for a sheltered spot.

"Are you really in love with him? I mean, it was just a guess."
"Guess?" Tyler shook his head asking.
"Yes. The way you're extra sensitive when it comes to Jared."
He was shocked. "I'm not acting like an idiot, I hope?" he asked cautiously.
Lindsey laughed. "No more than usual. And I don't blame you. He's a very attractive man." She hesitated.
"With a very attractive fiancée," Tyler said. "Yes, I'm aware of that."

He put his arms around his legs. "You know what? This caught me by surprise also. I can't remember having ever been interested in another boy or man." He looked at Lindsey. "Have you ever picked up on something like that?"
She shook no. "I think it's a good idea if you do some research," she suggested, thoughtfully.
Tyler looked worried. "Research?"
"Yes. Find out which types you find most attractive and what men's love is all about. You know. Physically."
"Lindsey!" he shouted nervously, looking out.
"What?" she cried untroubled. "I always loved our sex, but it won't be the same." She laughed mischievously. "Someone has to be the girl."
Tyler blushed into his hair roots. He'd realized that.

"Where is he anyway?"
"They're with Fleur's parents in France."
"Don't worry, Tyler." She gave him a hug. "Your secret is safe with me."
He smiled relieved. "Dancing?" he asked dragging her along. Well into the night, they celebrated.

On January 2, Anita, Ben, David and Rosa flew home. The next day he had his introduction at school and january 6, his education started.

At work, his introduction period was different from most internships because he was already so familiar with his surroundings. Yet he was surprised how many of the small acts done by the assistants had eluded him.
Lucy had looked at his internship book and had started planning immediately. This was necessary because Tyler had to carry out his regular work in addition to his school assignments and internship. Thanks to Lucy and the support of the rest, a workable plan was developed within two days.

Fleur and Jared weren't back yet, but Marcus was aloud to sign off on it too. "I'd rather you wait for Jared."
Tyler looked at the friendly man with dissatisfaction. "It's just a formality. Lucy is my intern mentor. She's the one responsible for my workload during my internship."
Marcus nodded. "I get it. Still, I'd rather you discuss this with Jared."