59. "Simple? Apparentely we have a different concept of simple."

Upon waking up, Tyler found a message from Eric on his phone.
"I arrived. See you at lunch."
He was curious about Jawdat's progress.
His face fell thinking about the dance class that was scheduled today. It wasn't really unpleasant, but he didn't feel like seeing Fleur in Jared's arms.
And then the sourest activity of today; practicing the wedding ceremony.
Apart from the stupidity of practicing which foot first and more of that kind of idiocy, he was expected to watch obediently. Thank God he didn't have to do anything, but the torment hung like a millstone around his neck.
All this would take place after the dance class and before dinner.

He quickly ate his breakfast and went to his room where he brooded over the event that would take place tomorrow. A knock on the door made him look up from his reflections. When opened, Jawdat stood in front of him with a disgruntled look. "Come in."
"Tell me," he told Jawdat.
"Judge Al-Fez cannot heed to your request. He said that he had already explained why this is so and that this has not changed."
His mouth pulled together with discontent.
Jawdat picked him up. "I also stressed to you that this is not necessary. Your position is unique and there is no one who can argue about it. What you don't want doesn't happen." Jawdat shrugged. "Simple."
Tyler ran his hands through his hair. "Simple? Apparently we have a different concept of simple," he said wryly. "What about that approval?"
"He agreed to that after a lot of murmurs."
"Beautiful," he nodded. That was a big load of his mind.
"I'll get you the necessary papers tomorrow," Tyler said, and hesitated. "Is everything okay with the treaty?"
Jawdat seemed surprised at his cautious tone.
"Yes. All the signatures are already in. The deadline is just a formality."
"Ah," Tyler nodded. "Okay then."
He cleared his throat. "Thank you Jawdat."
He shook the man's hand and let him out. Now he could recharge for the next part of the day. Starting with lunch.

For the first time since they were introduced, Eric seemed to behave according to his age. At lunch he was a welcome distraction and Tyler genuinely enjoyed his company.
"I can see that our mutual friend has a good influence on you."
Eric grabbed his hand.
"I haven't felt so much in love in my life. He's just amazing!"
His face was serious. "He brings the balance in my life that I so desperately needed. We're very good together. Yin and Yang, you know."
"Is he coming?"
"No. In Paris he dares to be himself, but here it is still too risky."
He looked at Tyler. "But I don't have to explain that to you." His eyes glanced over at were Jared was seated.

Tyler thought back to his comment at the club. "How come you know?" he asked. Eric laughed. "Mon ami, I already knew something was brewing between you when we first met. Jared was so jealous. I'd never seen him like that before. That's why I had to flirt with you just to see his reaction." He laughed softly. "And his reaction was explosive, necetpas?"
Tyler blushed and Eric chuckled at him.
"I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when he stormed after you."
His eyes slid to the main table. "Even now, he follows every move you make." Tyler bowed his head. "It doesn't matter, Eric. I will not warm his bed after his marriage."
"And tonight?" he asked deviously.
"If he wants me, I won't refuse him," Tyler confessed with a red head.
Eric moaned softly. "I'd give something to see you together."
Tyler looked at him indignantly.
"Kissing, I mean," Eric raised his hands in innocence.
Lunch ended and Tyler saw the dance instructors' car driving up outside. A deep unfortunate sigh escaped him.
"I promised your aunt I'd go to dance class with her."
"Do you want me to come? To offer you some distraction," Eric suggested.

With a discontented face, Eric sat on a bench next to Nathan, looking at the fumbling people in front of them.
"Not a shred of rhythmic feeling," he said sighing.
He was looked at Nathan. "I'm here for moral support and you?"
"Nothing better to do," he said shrugging.
Eric's intelligent eyes followed his gaze and landed on Tarek. "Your boyfriend is very handsome."
Nathan froze. "I know you're a friend of Tyler's, but there are boundaries you don't cross, okay?" he said menacingly.
Eric sighed. "Relax. I keep more secrets. It's one of the few things I excel at."
Nathan stared at him. "Thank you," he said sullenly.
"Your welcome."