49. "He'll hate you for this!"

Loud clamoring erupted. From many throats sounded harsh resentments and dismay. The old guard remained the quietest. They tacitly recorded him.
Tyler met their gaze. He lingered on Princess Jasmine. As soon as he spoke, it went quiet.
"Princess Jasmine will hold the title for the rest of her days, but Prince Jareed will be stripped of his title immediately, as well as the right to pass it on to his firstborn."
Fleur jumped up. "Why are you doing this? Why are you sabotaging my marriage?" she cried furiously.
His blue eyes slipped from Princess Jasmine to Fleur's red cheeks. "It's not my intention to sabotage your wedding, Fleur. I take back what is an eyesore for many."
On the side of the Benali and Mahfouz family was nodded. Fleur seemed appalled.

"Let me be clear," Tyler said in a stern tone. "If no agreement is reached that everyone supports, then all agreements expire and I will not shy away from sharing my discontent."
"Jared will be furious when he hears this," Fleur said with a face of anger. "He'll hate you for this!"
The destructive words barely touched him. She didn't tell him anything he didn't already know.
"Jared's emotional status is secondary to the greater cause," Tyler said coldly. His tone clearly indicated that this was the end of the matter. Fleur was visibly shocked by his cold words.

He turned to the old Mahfouz. "I'm leaving Dubai tonight, even if it's under different circumstances than before this conversation. Your intention to ensure my safety is greatly appreciated, Mr. Mahfouz," Tyler nodded. "I'm going to Paris to visit Sheikh Jabaar and then travel on to Brazil for the wedding."
He nodded to Jawdat who stood.
"The day of the wedding is also the deadline for the agreement. Next Friday at noon, local time, everything must be signed. If not, all agreements will expire and the royal bloodline will be maintained."
"But we are willing to sign now," Murtada Benali said.
Tyler shook no. "With the next transgression, I won't react as mildly as I do now." He pointed to Bahir. "Then I'll take a quarter of his wealth, as I will from all of you."
There was a shocked silence.
"The consequences are too great to react hastily. The deadline is set at next Friday, 12:00 local time. If there are any questions, you can contact Jawdat."

On a whim, he said especially amazing Jawdat: "I would like to speak to the heads of the families alone. The rest can wait in the hall."
Cautious glances were exchanged. The two younger generations left. Fleur hesitated, but left after Tyler promised to talk to her as soon as this conversation was over.
He was left with Gaith Mahfouz, Murtada Benali, Princess Jasmine and Marwon Al-Din.

Tyler shook his head tired. "Did I make it better or have I saddled you with more problems?" he asked, looking around. His gaze lingered with Gaith and Murtada.
"I have seen in the Al-Din family what strange leaps the younger generation can make to fulfill the ambitions of their respected elders."
Marwon nodded sadly. "I made bad choices and was able to correct a serious misstep thanks to Tyler's intervention." He put his hand on that of his cousin, who warmly patted it.
"It's up to you to lead that younger generation. That reckless misstep Bahir committed is so characteristic of the stupidity of this generation. They don't think about the implications of pressure and violence."
Tyler looked around the table pleadingly. "That's why your leadership is so dearly needed. Right now! While you still can."

Sitting on the table, it was clear to the four attendees that he felt encumbered by the following words: "I have asked the judge to strip myself of all power. I wanted to offer you the assurance that I could not make any arbitrary demands. Unfortunately, this was not possible. At my request, Judge Al-Fez has prepared a form that significantly limits my power, provided that the conditions laid down are met. I sincerely hope that this is supported by everyone."
Murtada looked at him incomprehensibly with his head shaking. "Why all the trouble?" he asked with bitter resentment.
To Murtada's surprise, Marwon grinned broadly. "Can I?" he asked Tyler.
"Go ahead," he said, blushing slightly, raising eyebrows with Gaith, Murtada and Princess Jasmine.
"Tyler has already expressed his admiration at our first meeting for the health, beauty, strength and leadership that the members of our family bear."
He grinned and said in Tyler's voice: "No, really, Mr. Al-Din! Where are the short, fat and bald people in your family?"
Tyler blushed slightly. "I, in my extended family could not fill these fifteen chairs with that standard. Next Friday, you will fill a whole church with it. I feel proud to be connected to such a family."