33. Featherweight.

Tyler genuinely rejoiced to see Princess Jasmine. 

"Tell me again why we're making this trip?" he asked in the taxi to Jared's grandmother's house. "I thought it had been too long since you saw each other. You're so good with her."
Tyler read the expression on Jared's face. "Tell," he said in a stern tone.
"She's had a relapse."
Tyler looked worried.
"It's not serious, but her ego is pretty shaken up."
"So," he said squeezing his eyes narrowly. "I'm a band-aid." 
"Don't pretend I'm dragging you to Paris against your will. You love seeing her again," Jared surly said.

"Why the tone?" asked Tyler, puzzled. "Or are you also jealous of your grandmother?" he said, laughing.
Jared turned to him and said to him deep in the eyes: "Of everything and everyone who gets your affection."
Tyler's heart skipped and he swallowed laboriously. Lost in the moment, he revealed his biggest secret. "Heart, body and soul I'm yours," he whispered to Jared.

They turned up the driveway.
"How do you expect me not to kiss you senseless now that you've told me this," Jared growled at him.
Tyler beamed at the undisguised passion in Jared's voice and eyes. "I reserved a hotel room."
Jared's breathing accelerated.
"I don't want to dishonor your family, Jared. I knew I couldn't stay away from you for a long time." Tyler sighed shakily. "If you want, of course."
They stopped at the front door so Jared couldn't react, but the hand that "accidentally" passed his crotch gave him the answer he was hoping for.

The expression that lay on his face as he got out of the taxi overtook Rasheed, who was waiting for them in the doorway. Blinded by Tyler's beaming smile, he was briefly shaken. He cleared his throat. "Welcome Mr. Reed, Prince Jareed," he greeted them. "Princess Jasmine is resting right now. If you want to follow me, I'll show you the rooms where you'll stay."
Relieved, Tyler saw that they had the same rooms as he had their previous visit. The distance was enough to withstand too much temptation.

"We still have some business to take care of, Rasheed. We'll be back for dinner," Jared said.
Tyler looked at the floor to hide his excitement.
"I'll pass it on," Rasheed said. "I'll notify the car."
"That won't be necessary. We've been sitting all day. A little movement will do us good, won't it Tyler?" said Jared, slapping him on the shoulder.
The look of indignation Jared received made Rasheed's corner of the mouth vibrate. "Until tonight, Mr. Reed, Prince Jareed," he greeted them.

The front door closed behind them and together they walked down the driveway. "We don't need transportation," Tyler said as Jared tried to hail a taxi. "I deliberately picked something close by."
They were walking side by side. Tyler's right hand was right next to Jared's left hand. Tantalizingly close, they didn't touch each other. He was intensely aware of the warmth Jared radiated and enjoyed the tension that was so palpable between them.

"Is it still far?" grumbled Jared.
Tyler looked at his phone. "The next street number 42."
Frowning, Jared took up the narrow high house. "Is this it?"
Tyler nodded. He rang the bell and a young man opened. "Monsieur Vierri?" informed Tyler.
"You must be Mr. Reed," the boy said. "My father is in the back. Please follow me."
 Pleasantly surprised, Jared and Tyler watched as the building spread out to a narrow hall on both sides. There was a courtyard visible with a fountain, flower boxes and seats.

"Ah, bonjour monsieur Reed," Mr. Vierri greeted him with a thick accent. "You look as charming as you sounded on the phone," said the man clearly delighted with his new guest.
Jared looked at him asking. Tyler ignored him. 
"Is my room ready?" he asked kindly. 
"Of course. Everything has been set up to your specifications."
Tyler nodded contently. "Good."
"Pierre, do you want to take Mr. Reed to his room?"

Pierre lead them up a narrow staircase to a corridor with only two doors.
"The linen closet," said Pierre, who opened the nearest closet so they could catch a glimpse of the contents. He walked on to the furthest door. An old-fashioned key was inserted into the lock and flipped over. Sunlight filled a large and cosy room where a huge four-poster bed stood against the right back wall. "On the left is the bathroom." He turned to Tyler: "That's where your stuff is."
"Thank you, Pierre."