34. Fleur.

Jared had arranged for the duration of their stay that the combat trainer could work with Tyler again.
"Have you experienced situations where you had to defend yourself?" asked Adam Payne shortly after entering.
Jared stoped to hear the answer.
"Two situations," Tyler said, very aware of Jared who seemed to hang on every word. "On New Year's Eve. Some drunken brawlers on the beach. They were looking for trouble and started harassing my girlfriend and brother. I neutralized them with the hand moves you showed."
"Good," Adam said. "In limited space and with loose footing you have made an excellent choice. And the second?" With his hands on his hips, he looked at Tyler expectantly. Biting on his lower lip, he hesitated and looked obliquely at Jared, who was watching him with growing surprise.

"That was the brawl in the bar, wasn't it?"
Tyler swallowed. "Yes. That was your part." He grimaced. "I never told you why I got involved in the brawl."
Because he knew that the words would otherwise get stuck in his throat, he turned to the trainer. "Jared was defending himself successfully and stood with his back to an upcoming attacker with a knife."
Jared inhaled sharply.
"I intercepted that attacker and disarmed him. Then I tackled the instigator of the whole." He took a deep breath. "I benefited greatly from your training, Adam. I hope to learn more from you."

Jared ignored Adam's presence and approached him menacingly. "You threw yourself between me and a knife?" he hissed furiously.
Tyler blinked and raised his chin defiantly. "Yes. And I'd do it again!"
"The hell you will", Jared shouted. "You should have just stood aside."
Tyler shuddered at the thought. "Of course not, you idiot."
He hit the chest of Jared who took him in his arms. Silent tears fell on his shirt.

A sharp inhale made Jared aware of his surroundings. Gently, he broke free from the charged embrace. It wasn't for Adam's benefit that he did this, but for the shocked Rasheed standing in the doorway. "Walk with me, Rasheed," he said quickly walking out of space, pulling the attendant along.

Tyler sobbed quietly, and it took him a while to settle down.
"Don't hide such information, no matter how dangerous it was. The emotions have to be let free or it's going to bother you," Adam said, looking at him seriously. "Show me how you intercepted the attacker."
Step by step, they walked through Tyler's actions. It felt like a healing process.

"I'm sorry I let myself go like this," he told Adam as their time was up.
"Are you kidding me? You don't have to apologize for your emotions. Your desire to protect the people around you is not a weakness, but a strength."
He patted Tyler on the shoulder. "See you tomorrow."

On the way to his room, he was intercepted by an angry-looking Jared. "You, come with me!"
On his arm, Jared dragged him out. He didn't stop until they were in their hotel room. Roughly, he threw Tyler on the bed and stood panting at the foot end. Full of anticipation, Tyler was waiting for the next move. When it didn't come, he sat up, got off the bed and took him in his arms.
"I'm sorry I scared you. That wasn't my intention," he softly spoke in Jared's ear. Strong arms silently put him on the bed and Tyler let himself be loved.

Relishing in the afterglow, he lay with his head on Jared's chest.
"Adam is very satisfied with your progress. I'm proud of you" sounded humming under his ear.
Leaning on one elbow, Tyler looked at him lovingly. "Thank you. That means a lot to me." His eyes slipped to his phone. "It's almost teatime. I have to go back."
Jared nodded. "You go back for your meeting with Uncle Gabriel and grandmother. I have other things I have to take care of. I'll see you tonight."
With a heartfelt kiss, they said goodbye.

Tyler ran the distance between the hotel and the house. Exuberantly, he came to a stop at the door of the salon and knocked on the door. "Enter," he heard saying. Gabriel sat relaxed on a chair talking to his mother. The biggest surprise, however, was Fleur sitting next to Princess Jasmine on the sofa.
"Oh, Tyler!" said Princess Jasmine. Her expression flew from relaxed to worried. "I heard from Rasheed the story of how you saved Jareed from a man with a knife. Is everything okay?"
Tyler nodded in shame. "Yes, thank you. Jared hadn't heard of this yet, and my emotions ran a little high. Your grandson was very grateful for my help."
"Just like we are, Tyler. And not just with that," Princess Jasmine said. "Come and sit down."