21. Bluff is paid dearly.

Tyler clung to his conviction when he saw Jared standing in front of the patio door two days later without warning. Because of the good weather, it was open, but Jared didn't advance.

"I'm here to respond to a rather provocative text I received!" he said with an obvious threat that made Tyler shudder.
'He looked so amazing! Awesome, glorious in his fury. Fearless and full of male self-confidence.' Tyler's resolve faltered. From behind the dining room table, he looked at Jared as directly as possible. "I want this to stop!" he shouted hoarse.

Subtly, Jared took a small step forward so he would be inside. With one hand and without turning around he closed the patio door. Tyler's eyes flew nervously from right to left looking for possible escape routes. On the right was the front door and the stairs up. On the left was the pantry with the back door.

"You should have thought of that before you took Thiago to a dark corner to make love to him." Jared's teaching tone ignited his anger.
"We're both adults and he didn't hurt me."
Jared shook his head. "As is often the case, the main issue eludes you, Tyler. You have questionable morals and are an incorrigible flirt. I only protect the men in my family by keeping them away from you."

Tyler's mouth fell open. "If I need to be protected from someone, it's you. You're the one who threatens me. I want you to stop doing that."
Jared looked at him steely and inflexible. "So," he said, stretching the word. "You're trying to get out of your lesson? What's wrong? Can't your ego take the hit?"
Shaking his head, Tyler picked him up, slowly walking to the living room where he stayed in front of the couch. Combatively, he looked at Jared who had followed him and stood on the edge of the living room. "Tell me, Jared. What kind of lesson do you want to teach me?" Tyler kept his head crooked and looked at him fiercely. "I'm sure you didn't have a card game in mind. And then all the other times you touched me. Was that all for my good? Or can't you just acknowledge that you're the only real pervert!"

Just that moment, they heard a key in the door. Tyler froze. Shocked, he looked at Jared. He didn't expect an interruption. His mother wasn't supposed to be back for another half an hour.
"Hi guys," Marion greeted them cheerfully not knowing what she was interrupting.
"Hi Marion", Jared answered as if she was not disturbing anything. His black eyes held Tyler captive, who could not hide the look of horror. "Is Naomi with you?" he continued in a normal conversational tone.
"No, she's with a girlfriend," and she walked on to the kitchen.
"I have something to discuss with Tyler. Do you think it's okay if we do that upstairs?"
Wordlessly, Tyler shook no and he took a step back.
"Sure, that's fine."

Ignoring Tyler's angry looks, Jared grabbed his wrist and dragged him up the stairs, pushing him into his bedroom, and with an ominous sound he turned the lock. "Would you like to repeat what you said to me downstairs?" Deceptively calm Jared leaned against the closed door.
Despite the blocked escape route, the presence of his mother below gave him new courage. "I'm not the pervert. You are!" Tyler threw at him.
Jared made a move towards him. Startled, he took a step back. Like a lion tamer, he stood with his arm outstretched. His calves were pressed against the edge of his bed.

"Tyler, darling. I forgot the milk. I'm going to stop by the store and get some, and then I'll collect Naomi on the way back. See you later."
"That's good, Marion. We'll be fine," Jared said with a predatory smile around his mouth.
As soon as the front door was pulled shut, he struck. Tyler had expected his attack and parried by jumping the length of his bed. That's how they switched places. Tyler stood by the door and tried to open the lock but got played. The key was gone. With an affable smile Jared tapped on his pocket. Tyler cursed. He had made his move. From this position, the bathroom was no longer feasible.

"Tut-tut. What language," Jared scoffed.
"Make like a tree and leave!" he shouted loudly.
Jared laughed at the adolescent insult. "What a child you are."
Indignantly, Tyler raised his chin. "For your information, I'm nineteen." He snorted. "You missed my birthday."
What should have sounded like a rebuke sounded more like a reproach.