52. "I'm just the stupid fool who fell in love with an Arabian Prince."

N/A  This chapter contains acts and descriptions of a sexual nature and is not suitable for readers under the age of eighteen.

BJ did his best to involve Tyler in the match displayed on the big-screen and interact with the cheerful visitors of the bar.
The owner he knew personally asked him: "What's wrong with that boy?"
"Broken heart."
"Ah," said the man understanding. He filled a small glass to the edge and shoved it towards Tyler. "Here kid. On the house."
A brief nod was his only response. Tyler knocked back the liquor in one go. Sulking, he sat on his stool.
"You're not really a talker, are you?"
Tyler tapped the empty glass in front of him, which was immediately filled by the bartender and looked obliquely at BJ.
"This is a particularly bad day for me, BJ. You find me at a personal low point." He drank the liquor in a gulp. "And I plan to go a little deeper."

Sad, Tyler stared into his empty glass.
"That's not where the answer lies," BJ said pointing at the empty glass. "Believe me, kid. I know this from experience." He pulled out his phone and showed Tyler pictures of a healthy-looking young man. 
"This is Jay, my son," he said proudly. "He's in the army now and everything's going well, but it used to be different. Painful."
"The relationship with Jay's mother has always been difficult and I couldn't handle it well. Jay was the victim of that. Especially too much of that stuff is bad," he nodded toward Tyler glass.
"But you drink," Tyler said, pointing to his beer.
"Yes. No addiction fortunately, just stupidity."
Tyler shook his head. "What you saw this morning was me putting all my cards on the table." He knocked on his empty glass, which was immediately filled. "And I got my answer." He emptied the glass back into a gulp.

"Why can't you...?"
"What?" he interrupted BJ bitterly. "Fight for him?"
Tyler laughed sourly. "Even if he were so inclined, BJ, look at me? What do I have to offer him?"
Despondently, he shook his head. "I'm just the stupid fool who fell in love with an Arabian Prince."
BJ took him frowning. "Why are you the one who has to approve the marriage?" Dejected, Tyler shrugged. "That's part of my obligation to the family. Call it tradition," he said.
"If this was not the case, where would you be now?" said BJ, settling for his meaningless answer.
"In a deep, dark hole, where I could die peacefully," he said earnestly.

BJ heard rumblings behind him.
"I heard him say it myself. Filthy fag." A group of five men threw dirty looks at Tyler's back.
  BJ bowed to him. "Do you want to get rid of some excess energy?"
Tyler raised his head and saw in the mirror behind the bar the group of men moving menacingly towards him. Adrenaline flowed welcome through his body and a cruel grin adorned his lips.

The cell door fell loudly into the lock. BJ stood grinning behind him.
"They'll think against next time they get in in their heads to attack an innocent-looking kid."
Tyler shook his head. "I hate guys like that. If I hadn't been able to defend myself, God knows what they could have done to me," he spat angrily.
His face lit up. "It was so cool to see how you sat down and left them to me. How did you know I could do that? I didn't even know that myself," he laughed.
"I was there if you needed help," BJ stated calmly.
They took a seat on a steel bench along the wall.
"I saw you busy this afternoon and knew you could work with your surroundings."
"Nathan taught me a lot. Plenty of personal assault and defense against kidnapping and stuff. I'm glad to see it works on assholes, too."

Except for his T-shirt, which was ripped to shreds hidden away under his sweat-jacket and covered a bloody scratch, he was fine. That could not be said of his opponents. Of the five, three had to go to hospital with, in order, a broken arm, broken nose and a dislocated shoulder.
The owner of the bar was pleased with the way Tyler had handled the situation, as there was no damage to his interior, but someone had called the police. BJ handed out the last punch and was therefore arrested. Now they were waiting for the indictment and processing of their case.
Actually, Tyler didn't mind being here, far away from the pain that awaited him at the hotel. Maybe he was lucky and they kept him here all night. Delighted at this prospect, his face lit up.